Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 03:44 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times

Advertisements

God bless your kitties and you.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Be rest assured you will see them again in the next life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 06:27 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
So sorry for the loss of your little friend... all of us cat folks feel for you, we have been there too, in that deep pain.

Look forward to your many fond memories.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 PM

434 posts, read 684,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I just had my oldest kitty, 19, die at the end of DEC. and yesterday I had to put my 17yr old to sleep. I can't believe this has happened so close together. They both had medical issues and both did live a very long and good life but I feel lost. I spent so much time arranging their medication times, day and evening, it took a lot of time and energy and now I don't know what to do with myself. I have to re-orient myself to life withoiut all the care taking.

I have an 8yr old kitty at home and I see she is a bit taken over by the lost of them too.

I haven't been a one cat person at all and now with just one it is really weird. I am a firm believer in kitties having buddies so I want to get my 8yr old BooBoo a friend.

I knew they both were not going to last too much longer but it is so sad and I am sad. I miss them.
I am so sorry for your loss--it is hard losing pets, and you're probably right that your remaining kitty needs a friend. There are so many cats in shelters and humane societies who need a loving home--you might think of rescuing one of them and it would probably help you feel better and the rescued cat would certainly feel better.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. and it's even harder being a double-loss. I know that hole in the heart, we've all been there. not all tears are bad. I'm sure your remaining kitty does miss them, they grieve too. When you're ready to open to another, you'll find one. new ones never replace the old ones, they just add to the family and share the love.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 PM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
I am so, so sorry. It hurts so bad when they leave us. My heart hurts for you, and I'm sending you big hugs and lots of love from Michigan tonight.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:47 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Hi, just adding my sorrow for your kitty. I pray God will watch over him & reunite you again someday soon. Please know he is at Rainbow Bridge & you will see him again. It always hurts to see threads like these. I know the pain all too well as we lost our boy kitty in '08, @ only 8 yrs old, of kidney failure.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:06 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
I'm so sorry for your losses. When you have two oldies like that, they often do leave the world rather close together, as it is so hard on the one left to lose his or her life long companion. I lost two within a week of each other 15 years ago. It was devastating.

I also know that empty hands syndrome when you've arranged your entire life around caring for a cat(s) and suddenly that job is gone. When my little girlie left 3 years ago (she had been sick for a long time), for months I continued to wake at 3 a.m and 6 a.m. and mentally plan my day around her treatments.

And then when my sweet boy left this November, he had a seizure disorder, and it took months for me to stop reaching for his pills every morning and evening.

I know you will spend lots of time with BooBoo, and you can comfort one another, I am sure she is grieving too.

I'm so sorry.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
I'm so sorry for your loss...I know exactly what you mean about not knowing what to do with yourself, my mom just went through the same thing when her 17 yr. old cat Ollie passed away in December...he was on medication and needed a lot of extra care too, and she basically planned her life around him for the past few years, so when he left she felt really lost. It's always so hard...my heart goes out to you. (((HUGS)))

Old 02-19-2012, 11:37 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,345,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
I am so sorry for your loss--it is hard losing pets, and you're probably right that your remaining kitty needs a friend. There are so many cats in shelters and humane societies who need a loving home--you might think of rescuing one of them and it would probably help you feel better and the rescued cat would certainly feel better.

Thank you for your message. All my cats have been rescue and I will continue to have rescue kitties. Absolutely.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:15 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I'm so very sorry about your cats. So sad, so close together. Give your other kitty a pet for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats