Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:49 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times

Advertisements

Thanks Greg. My little ones have nice shiny coats, a nice amount of fat on their bones but not too much, shiny clear eyes and New York attitudes. They eat Nutro cat food, drink their water, and have clean teeth. I had a dog that was very loved, but, she developed breast cancer. The vet really put her through a lot but it didn't change the outcome so I decided it wasn't fair to do that to a good friend just because I wasn't ready to say good-bye. I hope when their time comes that I have the courage to keep them free from pain, but I am such a whimp. So hard to love them, make them a part of the, and then have to accept that they were never intended to last as long as we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,848,894 times
Usually when people complain about charges I come down on the vet's side, but charging anything just to discuss something is ridiculous. If that's a 'real' charge instead of a place holder, I would be finding a new vet. It would indicate to me that they really don't have the welfare of the patient first and foremost. I don't think a month goes by when I don't call in to discuss something about JJ and I certainly have never had a vet visit for one issue where other issues weren't touched upon.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:06 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,851,089 times
op wellness is a great brand.

unforutnatly the "dry helps teeth" is a common misconception. dry kibble is made to be ground by the teeth, but cats teeth are built to rip and tear the only realy crunching a cat woudl do naturally is of "soft bone" so dry food tends to build up between the teeth because there not getting the meat fibers to "floss" with and tend to cause MORE issues lol.

Also cats being decended form an animal built for an arid climate have evolved to get most of their water directly from thier food, its actually very unnatural for a cat to Drink water...raw fed cats rarely drink water, so wet food is better for their system, exclusivly dry fed cats are highly prone to kidney stones because they are pretty much constantly mildly dehydrated.

unfortunatly veterinary school nutrition class is sponsored by big food companies, iams, eukanuba and science diet...the vets learn "nutrition" from what the pet food reps tell them...so they dont realy know (unless they do their own research or go on to nutrtion as a speciality) anything different form that which the food reps tell them.
you assume those teaching you are correct so if they say iams is the best..it must be good stuff...
Unforutnatly many dont think to look beyond that lesson and do the math to put 2 and 2 together,so my opion of vets giving food advice is the same as asking a plumber about your vegatable garden lol. while some have done the extra work to learn about the subject thats not what there actually there for.

lol, i can only imagine how much money my vet would have made off me if she charged $1 for every topic we discussed during an apointment LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats