U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2016, 08:28 AM

7,607 posts, read 5,111,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty DeVault View Post
My cat is 8 1/2 years old, he gets both wet and dry cat food. Drinks plenty of water, acts normal. Only there is another cat hanging around the house late at night, which he meows till it goes away.
Now has what looks like dandruff on his back, an is continually licking,till I brush him. And also meows when I rub or brush his back. Other wise he is acting like himself. !- or house is dry.
2- I believe he has some arthristis in his back. Other then this he is fine. Help. Can't see Vet till I get the money. Only he has to know where I am all the time, I guess I'm the Mommy kitty. & I don't mind at all. He is a great bed buddy, just enough room for me.. He is a shelter cat, which I have had for 1 1/2. I would Never get rid of him. Mommy patty.
He is approaching his 'senior' years. He could be developing a skin condition that needs medication. Could also be an allergic reaction to something in the environment or his food. He should really see a vet as soon as you can manage it. Until then, you might try weaning him off of the dry food, and to a good quality wet food diet. Also, look for a medicated shampoo for cats and try bathing him (if possible). Until you get a diagnosis from the vet, it's going to be guesswork as to what's going on.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats