Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 AM

585 posts, read 2,015,434 times

Advertisements

Hey folks, just wanted to pass along a tip. On another thread, someone was dealing with dry flaky skin on their cat and I suggested emu oil as I use it on myself for the same issue and they do make pet formulas so it is totally safe.

I hadn't tried it on my cats but my senior had a dry spot between her shoulder blades where I applied flea treatments last summer and it looked awful. It was all flaky and probably quite uncomfortable for her.

WELL... I decided to take my own advice and rub in a little tiny bit of emu oil and the following day, she was good as new! It's a miracle, she looks fantastic and probably feels a lot better now too. Apparently it also has anti-inflammatory qualities so I may see about doing a regular emu oil rub down for her since she is arthritic.

I also rubbed some into her paws since her nails are very thick and brittle and now her paw pads are in much better shape. It's amazing stuff! I even used a dab on my boyfriend's dry feet at the same time haha, they both got a foot rub that night :P

If you're dealing with dry, flaky skin, give emu oil a shot! I get mine from the company I get my ear jewelry from (it's perfect for keeping stretched ears soft and healthy - I believe it also has antibacterial qualities) but you can order pet formulas online. It really is miraculous stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats