Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

We have had him for a week and a day and he is just a wonderful kitty. I have never adopted an adult cat but he seemed like such a sweet boy and I worry about adult cats being adopted.

He is bigger than any cat I have ever had and he has fangs. The tip of one of them is broken off a bit but the vet said he was ok...

I am still looking for a name for this kitty. When I saw his fangs, I wanted to name him Vladimir Von Kitty Kat but he was just way to sweet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 AM

Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,054,527 times
Omg, I just love his fangs! And I love black kitties! He reminds me of my Ralphie I had, but without the fangs. Congrats on your new addition, and I actually think that name would be really cute because of his fangs.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:43 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
I love the fangs too! It adds a little something special. Thanks for giving him a good home.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
We don't adopt rescue kittens; they adopt us. It all started out when I was throwing out bread crumbs for the birds. I saw a cat run that had been helping herself to the bird food. So I set out a dish of milk and put a slice of ham with it.

The poor skinny cat drank the milk and ate the ham and of course she stayed for more food the next day and the first thing we knew we were buying cat food.

Several years down the road after several litters of kittens and home finding for them, etc. we now feed Panther, Tigger, Jr. (Tigger is dead.) Tiger, and a now fixed Cheetah which is the only cat we claim. We are limited to one cat by deed restrictions, but I cannot let an animal go hungry including the possum and racoon that visits after dark. Chester that walked with a limp is gone to cat heaven too and there is one called Smoky that we don't know what happened to him. Then there is a yellow cat that visits and we think she lives in the neighborhood and Morris, Sr. has gone to cat heaven too, but a Morris Jr. has appeared but not very often. We think these two are just cat friends that come for special parties.

The deer come and eat our apples when they fall off the tree and I saw a rabbit the other day in our front yard. Birds also love to eat cat food. Our fenced yard is an animal haven.

Couple of weeks ago an Irish setter came to examine the cat food and our Cheetah took him on. Luckily we were home and the dog was friendly so she is still alive. He had come through a place in the fence where we had removed a tree and it was empty.

Cheetah also is the only cat brave enough to come in the house and it is a little game we play with her. We open the sliding door, she comes in, I say, "Hello Cheetah!" and she runs out again. Cheetah knows we are hers. You don't own cats, they own you.

I would let her stay inside full time but I am allergic to cats. She sleeps in a dogloo that is left over from our sheep dog many years ago. I once looked out the door when he was here in the cold Winter and he was on the top step sleeping and a cat was snuggled in the fur in the middle of his back. He was a gentle soul and took care of everyone in the yard including our children at that time.

I forgot to mention the squirrels that live off our chestnuts and walnuts. Then there is the long black racer that helps the cats keep the yard clear of field mice. My patio is an animal viewing place.

Last edited by NCN; 05-05-2012 at 11:10 AM..

Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times
Name him Fang?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:25 AM

All my friends think we should name him that but he is just such a sweet boy. It's not fitting. His first owner named him Sneaky and I suppose they had him for almost his first 5 years. I was told they had a set of twins and he was unable to tolerate the noise. He does run from noises but is starting to get used to the noises in our house now.

Oh he is a talker I have never had a kitty who would sit there and hold a conversation with you but this one does!

Second owner was an elderly lady who only had him 3 months and had to be moved into a nursing home. I called her daughter the other day to let her know we had adopted him and she was very happy.

He took right to us the very first day I was sure he would be hiding out the first few days but nope! That night he even climbed in our bed. I could not even believe it.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
That was so sweet of you to call the owner's daughter.

He's such a beauty! Here's to many happy years for you together.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:14 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
All my friends think we should name him that but he is just such a sweet boy. It's not fitting. His first owner named him Sneaky and I suppose they had him for almost his first 5 years. I was told they had a set of twins and he was unable to tolerate the noise. He does run from noises but is starting to get used to the noises in our house now.

Oh he is a talker I have never had a kitty who would sit there and hold a conversation with you but this one does!

Second owner was an elderly lady who only had him 3 months and had to be moved into a nursing home. I called her daughter the other day to let her know we had adopted him and she was very happy.

He took right to us the very first day I was sure he would be hiding out the first few days but nope! That night he even climbed in our bed. I could not even believe it.

I think your first choice of name is awesome...von Kitty IS sweet! And he's adorable.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Lovin' those fangs! What a cutie..congratulations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats