Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
John Lennon LOVED cats.

Go for it.
Imagine all the kitties...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 07:56 PM

766 posts, read 1,658,214 times
I don't see anything wrong with a guy having a cat. It's a shame guys with cats are given such a hard time. Cats need love too, lol...Maybe that's why I don't know many straight guys with cats. I just assumed it was because a lot of people don't seem to like cats.

I don't think it's girly. It's only a problem with me if a guy likes cats and not dogs. I like dogs and cats, but have a dog. I was talking to a guy that has a cat, but it afraid of dogs. That wasn't so good.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It absolutely depends on the cat. I've had a LOT of cats in my life and I'd say 99% of them did not fit the "aloof, leave me alone" stereotype. Mine follow me everywhere, talk to me, etc. They are very social.

All I can say about a guy, or anyone, wanting to get a cat is PLEASE RESCUE ONE, don't buy one. There are so many cats (and dogs) on "death row" right now at shelters all over the country. PLease help one of them istead of buying one!

Off my soapbox now.
It does depend on the cat. I have two, a brother and sister I got from the animal shelter. They are both nice, but the male is really social. I pick him up and set him on my shoulder and walk around the house with him. He balances up there. He's my favorite.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
DH took in a stray last week "just until we find the owners". He named it "Achmed" (after Jeff Dunham's dead terrorist dummy). It already loves him, and he's half-heartedly looking for the owners. This past fall, there was a litter of kittens at a neighbor's place, and I went to choose ONE. He persuaded me to take all four - "We can't split these guys up." He adopted the little male as his own - he named him the "B*ll Sack", even though he's been neutered since then. He'll be trying to fix something, or plant something, or work around the house, and the "B*ll Sack" will be hanging on him like a tick, or rubbing against him. He'll say, "Knock it off, B*ll Sack, you f**k head." Fondly.

I think DH is becoming a cat hoarder.
You made me laugh outloud!

I like your husband

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
He'll be trying to fix something, or plant something, or work around the house, and the "B*ll Sack" will be hanging on him like a tick, or rubbing against him. He'll say, "Knock it off, B*ll Sack, you f**k head." Fondly.

One of our cats likes to supervise me when I am working on something, he will be real vocal if he thinks I am taking too long.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Well it's clear that cats are well ahead of snakes and other things in the dating hierarchy.

As for me, I don't think fish really have much impact either way...

Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
One of our cats likes to supervise me when I am working on something, he will be real vocal if he thinks I am taking too long.

Yesterday morning, DH was planting a new rose bush, and the B*ll Sack was right there - checking out the hole and then going to the bathroom in it. I guess he thought DH prepared his morning toilet for him. I heard, "B*ll Sack, you f**k head!" through the window.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,283 times
Terrible indeed a cat Sorry

It is rather positive to wanting a cat

Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I once went into an animal shelter one Saturday to look around, for curiosity.

The cats are all over the map. Small ones and big ones. Friendly ones and aloof ones.

The dogs are, for the most part, Pit Bulls. Seriously, about 75% of the cages had Pit Bulls. I asked about this and they said that it is because that breed is generally not wanted. I can see why. My friend took in a stray tortoise shell colored Pit Bull when he was single. He then got married and had two kids. When the kids were less than 2 and would try to go near her, she would show teeth and growl at them. They never got bitten, but the risk was there. She eventually got old and sick, and they put her down. No loss.
Curious as to where you live because most areas will immediately put pit bulls down as soon as they come into the shelter. They are not very adoptable due to breed bands and ignorance.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Curious as to where you live because most areas will immediately put pit bulls down as soon as they come into the shelter. They are not very adoptable due to breed bands and ignorance.
What's funny is that 100 years ago pit bulls were called "the nanny dog" because they were so good with children. Now you have a bunch of violent knuckleheads who mistreat their animals and turn them into weapons.l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats