Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2007, 10:50 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,423,626 times

Advertisements

I am almost hysterically in love with this product I have found - really, they should hire me to do commercials for it - because clearly they aren't doing a good enough job or I would have been using this a LONG time ago.

I don't want any one of you informing me that this product is bad for the environment, supports slave labour, or kills cats, or anything else. I would be DEVASTATED to have to give it up!! So, SHUSH!!!!

Here it is:

Crystallized Cat Litter!!!!

Here's the one I started using:

FRESH STEP

But it is offered in a generic & by Tidy Cat too (perhaps others as well). I don't know if they all work like a miracle product - but, so far, I am IN LOVE with this one!!!

First, it's pretty - not that this matters at all. But, it is such a nice switch from the gray litter I am used to.

But, the real deal of it is that when the cat(s) tee tee in it the crystals change colours slightly & you just use the filtered scoop to stir up the litter - & POOF - no more tee tee. The poo still needs to be scooped (although my trusty Poodle takes care of it for me so I never see it - YUK) - but the tee tee just disappears!

Eventually, you just get rid of all of it & start over. I hate that it costs so much more - a bag was about $12.00 - but well worth it. I have a large & deep litterbox - but not as large as some. I still had a nice amount of litter left in the bag after filling the box.

I'm in shock - there is no smell so far even though the tee tee is just getting mixed around with the fresh litter. I don't know how long it will stay this way - it's supposed to last approximately a month before needing to be changed. We'll see. Regardless, & I am a frugal one about things like this - I am SOLD!!! I have switched to many different sorts of litter trying to reduce smell, reduce work, reduce mess outside of the box, & reduce costs too. This product, though expensive - is worth EVERY PENNY.

Frankly, I am wondering why they haven't fired whomever they paid to market it - because they clearly aren't doing their job properly. This is the product of the century!

If you want a small miracle in your life - TRY THIS & let us all know what you think...

Enjoy!

Oops, had to come back to add this: When you stir it around there are no signs of moisture whatsoever. I haven't stuck my hand in there to feel it the crystals are wet - although I am tempted to... But, when I carefully slide the tee tee spot away - it sounds like the dry crystals. I have scraped all the way down to the bottom of the box & put a piece of toilet tissue on the bottom surface & there is NO moisture! It's absolutely fantastic! Did I say how much I love it?

Last edited by think.reciprocity; 09-25-2007 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add something... Really, this product is a miracle, People!!! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 12:36 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
I have 4 cats and this product didn't work well for me :-(
I changed to arm and hammer multiple cats and it works WONDERS! I'm glad you found one you like!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
I have 4 cats and this product didn't work well for me :-(
I changed to arm and hammer multiple cats and it works WONDERS! I'm glad you found one you like!
Is it because the 4 cats overwhelmed the product & it was too much tee tee all at once? What was the reason it didn't work? I am VERY curious because it really is like a revolutionary product for me!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:54 PM

39 posts, read 193,713 times
We use the Fresh Step Crystals and the Fresh Step Multiple Cat Clumping litter together. We mix one part Crystals to 3 parts litter. We have two large kitty boxes, (four cats), and love the no smell, easy to clean mix now.

We tried to use the crystals by themself but our cats got them stuck in their paws, would lick incessantly to dislodge them and then got sick from ingesting the crystals so we went to the mix and have had no trouble since.

Diana

Old 09-28-2007, 03:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
hmm, I think I actually bought one that had a mix before like map Books was talking about. Seems like there was litter mixed w some crystal, and I think it was put out by fresh step, maybe I wil try the mixture and see what it does, dont think my cats would lke the crystals alone

Yes, you should be in commercials..heehee

Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think.reciprocity View Post
Is it because the 4 cats overwhelmed the product & it was too much tee tee all at once? What was the reason it didn't work? I am VERY curious because it really is like a revolutionary product for me!

That could be it! I have a friend with 3 cats and she LOVES your product

Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 PM

Default "my Product"

Funny - wish I could get some of the revenue from it's sales!!!

I have now begun testing on this product. I betcha your cats all pee in the same spot around the same time & also maybe that you didn't stir it enough!

I am fascinated with this stuff! Did you know it fizzles while it's working - after liquid is poured on it? It's friggin spectacular. I have been testing in a bowl, using water, how long it takes to dry up & how many soakings it can take - I just love it!!!

I'm just not loving my dog running around with it all over her face & hearing her chomping on it - that CAN'T be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl_98 View Post
That could be it! I have a friend with 3 cats and she LOVES your product
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats