Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,110 times

Advertisements

My 2 month old kitten, Meeps, just recieved his distemper and dewormer today. I know that being sleepy is a side effect, but he has also thrown up some white foamy stuff 2 times this evening, and 1 time was orange colored(like his food) I did get warnings each time before he thre up, he started meowing like crazy and then heaved. I am thinking this is a side effect of his vaccination, but would like to know if anyone else has had this happen and how long it could last. Any replies would be wonderful!
Attached Thumbnails
My baby Meeps is sick-munch-meeps.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Other than the shots, I don't know what is going on either. Call the vet to ask...

Just wanted to say how cute Meeps is (love the name ) and hope kitty feels better soon.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:05 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,569,713 times
What a pretty baby Meeps is, and your other cat looks gorgeous too! Looks like they already get along well. The deworming medicine could make him sick and vomit, and the distemper shot could also have negative effects.

For future, you may want to consider separating these kinds of treatments. Get the deworming done, then wait a week before vaccination. That's a lot of chemicals all at once in that tiny body.

If he does not eat tonight or in the morning, or if he is lethargic, get him right back in to see the vet.

Welcome to the forum, and please keep us posted on Meeps!

Old 07-02-2012, 10:11 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,724 times
Poor Meeps! What a cutie!

My little old lady cat has issues every single time she has to have a shot of any kind...most recently, she had to have one of her back teeth checked. Luckily it didn't have to come out, but since she was sedated already she got her teeth cleaned, so needed antibiotics. Because of digestive issues, my vet and I opted for a time-released injection instead of having to give it orally for days on end, and it was awful...I got her home and within an hour she threw up 4 times and had very loose stool. She was fine after that episode, but I watched her like a hawk until I was sure she had recovered. Just keep a close eye, and if things appear to get worse instead of better, definitely take her in.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,600 times
All my rescues have been adults. Of course I have never known their exact ages. One is very sensitive to everything, one is hardy and one is variable. As unique as they are! Just want to wish you the best.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 4,110 times
Meeps is all better and back to his playful self.... and he sure is making up for time he lost not feeling well.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:49 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,422,758 times
Very glad to hear this. He's a very cute kitty with a very cute name!

Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,724 times
I'm so happy he's feeling better...thanks for keeping us updated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats