U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 04:47 AM

4,748 posts, read 11,322,711 times

Advertisements

"Ahhh, the perfect place," Seteria must've contentedly sighed when this stack of outdoor chairs was placed under the big Rose of Sharon in the back yard. The plastic probably stays warm from being in the sun but not uncomfortably so. And to a kitten entering "catolescence" it gives the sense of having a high vantage point.
Elaborate schemes (I have a Plan A and a Plan B) are in place for TNR'ing this elusive lil' one next Thursday. She's evaded capture at least a half-dozen times. Her biological clock is ticking, since she was born sometime between late February and mid-March, and several tomcats have been seen hanging around here lately. I'm all about making sure Blaliko doesn't become a grandmother.
In the meantime Blaliko has started making herself at home inside! She waltzed through the open doorway of the bedroom last Saturday morning while I was in the kitchen, and took a quick self-guided tour throughout the place. Yesterday in the AM she did it again - this time with Seteria in tow. I've also awoken a few times to find her curled up at my feet; most recently both mother and daughter were there. (Naturally Blaliko was between me and Seteria.) It's about time that I bring Weasie's litter box out of storage and fill it from the big container of Arm & Hammer I bought last week. When Blaliko naps on the bed now, if I'm in the room she's taken to rolling over on her back and stretching with her front paws hanging limp. Even my thick-skulled self knows that she's doing everything but throwing herself on me to let her move in. She's got herself a deal! And so does Seteria, though in her state of having "gone feral" it will be a while if ever before she can appreciate it as much.
Attached Thumbnails
Seteria on her favorite perch-seteria070612.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:01 AM

6,140 posts, read 12,528,830 times
Such a pretty girl. Thanks for the update! So glad Blaliko is settling in. All paws crossed that this Thursday is the Day.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 PM

2,187 posts, read 3,595,239 times
Good lord, you make me laugh!!! Blaliko probably doesn't want you to think she's "that kind of girl", and just move in - she wants you to ask her nicely, but in the meantime she's already scoping out the place and deciding where to put her "stuff"!!! I think Seteria is just gorgeous - and I certainly hope either plan A or plan B works to her advantage - you will certainly have two of the best lookin' gals in town. Our kids have all their paws crossed for you guys (we have 92 paws in our house!!) and keep us posted, please!!!!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM

2,806 posts, read 6,497,640 times
She's so beautiful!
My four-legged companions and I are all rooting for plan A to work so smoothly and efficiently, there will not even be a need for plan B .

Old 07-08-2012, 04:19 AM

'round midnight last night, I got home and was ready to "close up shop." These days that entails doing a careful walk through the house as well as the cellar. (When the right doors are open Blaliko doesn't hesitate to go wherever she wants. Good for her! And like the ovine in "Mary Had A Little Lamb," everywhere Blaliko heads Seteria is sure to follow.) I strolled into the living room just in time to see Blaliko jump on the couch and make herself comfortable. After some petting she decided to take a bath, so I left her to that and kept the appropriate exit available before hitting the hay. Seteria was unseen but at least wasn't in the basement or the back stairwell.
This morning, fate forced my hand on the outdoor/indoor transitioning. Some non-feline creature, probably a raccoon, had knocked the top of the feeding station clean off during the night. As Seteria watched from the porch chair with her usual "so cute" turned-head expressions I carted the food and water supplies inside. Once more a corner of the kitchen is a cat breakfast nook. AND...the plastic dishpan I "re-purposed" way back in December 1992 is out of storage, scrubbed out, and again filled with kitty litter. If Blaliko has been looking for a place to "go" on her excursions inside that search is over now.
All this should help things go smoothly when Thursday rolls around.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM

32,308 posts, read 59,567,350 times
What a sweet baby!

Old 07-08-2012, 07:14 PM

3,402 posts, read 12,207,079 times
Oh goodness, LOOK AT THAT FACE

I love following along with this adventure. Keep going!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:36 AM

6,140 posts, read 12,528,830 times
I hope today's the day, for Seteria!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:24 PM

2,806 posts, read 6,497,640 times
...anxiously awaiting to hear how everything's going...
did anyone use the litterbox yet?
Is Seteria getting more comfortable with being inside, and with you?
Are more pictures coming soon?
And...
Okay, I'll shut up now !

Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 PM

Capture Attempt #7 (as best as I can remember) is due to occur tomorrow night or Thursday morning. I'll start a new thread, "mission accomplished" or not, on Saturday. Seteria has been scheduled for her Female Surgery on Friday. The plan is to have her in custody and at the vet clinic the day before, to be certain she'll have fasted when it's time to go under the knife. Afterwards she'll be brought home for overnight recovery.

The litter box has not been visited yet, not that I'm complaining. Oddly enough it was Seteria who I saw taking a "test dig" with her lengthening left front leg this morning.

Last night I found out that I may need to make larger deli purchases. While I was prepping lunch salads, Blaliko politely put her front paws against the top of the floor-level cabinets and showed considerable interest. She gobbled down samples of pepperjack and provolone cheeses, as well as "turkey pastrami," while disdaining spinach + lettuce + smoked turkey. An herbivore she apparently isn't, 'cause the house plants have gone unharmed.

Recently I received a package which had the box flaps taped down on both ends. I removed the tape to create a "tunnel" for the cats and put the box on the floor near the feline breakfast nook. Today mother and daughter were having the best time playing a sort of hide n' seek game. One cat would go inside the box and then take swats at the other, both changing directions so as to keep the other guessing.

Since everything is in a transitional phase and the litter box is still clean, I'm erring on the side of caution and keeping Seteria and Blaliko outside whenever I go out. This evening I was away from about 7 PM to 10:45. As I walked up the front steps upon arriving home, Blaliko came running from down the block to go in with me. Her catolescent daughter showed up on the back porch soon after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats