Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 04:02 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times

Advertisements

I just thought that you might enjoy this :

I was in Petsmart today and a man came in with a very small kitten in his arms. He walked over to one of the fish tanks and said to the cat, "Now that pretty orange fish is a clown fish just like in the movie 'Finding Nemo' ".

And, he was not kidding. He and the kitten were by themselves.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:01 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
awwww..... =)

Old 07-07-2012, 06:11 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,860,312 times
ive never taken the cats to petsmart (though they Do LOVE kitty tv at home (a 55gal fish tank)
dozer though, the moment we walk through the door i ask if he wants to go see the fishies and he know EXACTLY where to take me lol. hell sit and watch them for hours if humans dont interupt with lovings lol.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:53 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Awesome. The guy is socializing his kitten, to new experiences. That is the key to having a laid back, awesome cat. I knew a guy who was a great cat person. He took tender care of stray cats, he took in kittens, he talked to cats, he was like the "cat whisperer"...even Jasper loved him when he came over. The guy was really great. Of course, he was also mentally ill...but he was really great. If he had not had the mental issues, he could have been Jasper's next "Daddy"...

Old 07-08-2012, 06:10 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

I was in Petsmart today and a man came in with a very small kitten in his arms. He walked over to one of the fish tanks and said to the cat, "Now that pretty orange fish is a clown fish just like in the movie 'Finding Nemo' ".

priceless!!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:32 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,896 times
That's so sweet!

Old 07-08-2012, 10:06 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Kinda remind me of my last vet visit. Was waiting to check out and some guy was holding his chihauhua. Dog went to lick his face and he stuck out his tongue to lick the dogs tongue.

I guess you could say this guy was all by himself too...in more ways than one.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,886 times
JJ used to love going to Petsmart. We'd go every weekend and spend a few hours just trolling up and down the aisles for pets and admiration. He especially loved listening to the finches and parakeets. It was part of his socialization to become a registered therapy cat.

Since he can't be vaccinated anymore, we had to stop (and he can never be a therapy cat either.) There's too much risk of pathogens from the cats in the adoption center.

That gentleman sounds lovely. We once had a cat spayed at the hospital who couldn't be handled afterward....we couldn't' even get her from her cage to her carrier. We had to ask the owner to come down to the wards to see if he could retrieve.

So picture this rather large guy decked out in full biker gear and tattoos over every inch of his bulging biceps. Shaved head, bushy beard...he could have been on the cover of Biker's Monthly. He comes into the ward and calls his kitty by name...which happened to be Ms. Muffin.

Ms. Muffin's little white paws shot out the front of her cage as she reached for her daddy. She climbed right into his arms purring her head off. It was the sweetest, most ridiculous scene.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
Those are both very sweet stories. I love men who aren't self-conscious about showing their affection for a little kitty.

Last edited by subject2change; 09-29-2016 at 02:51 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 02:54 PM

414 posts, read 1,095,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

Aww! That is fantastic. It's always good to see there are other men out there who love cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats