Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:12 AM

28 posts, read 39,648 times

Advertisements

I try to keep reminding myself of that. It is completely selfish of me to have wanted to keep her alive longer. She was not in pain but was not comfortable. She had no tumors but her liver and kidneys were enlarged. Geez. I'm going to make myself nuts with this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 12:40 PM

It's been a month since I put Lokai to sleep. I guess I'm recovering. I can go for a few days without crying and when I do cry, it's not the gut-wrenching, loss of control crying I've been doing. I still miss her so bad it makes my heart and chest ache. I just sort of slog through the days, trying to get stuff done. My husband says I'm making progress. I hope he isn't just saying that.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:06 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
Glad to hear you're starting to heal.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
It's been a month since I put Lokai to sleep. I guess I'm recovering. I can go for a few days without crying and when I do cry, it's not the gut-wrenching, loss of control crying I've been doing. I still miss her so bad it makes my heart and chest ache. I just sort of slog through the days, trying to get stuff done. My husband says I'm making progress. I hope he isn't just saying that.
You are. Just keep hanging in there, and it will get better.

Old 03-20-2016, 08:59 PM

All of you here have been so kind and non-judgemental of me while I've been trying to put myself back together after losing Lokai. I want to share with you something that happened to me a week ago. This is a very deep spiritual event so if anyone out there isn't interested in hearing something like that, this would be a good place to stop reading.

Not a day or maybe even an hour has gone by since I put Lokai to sleep that I haven't asked/begged/pleaded with God to intervene somehow, take the pain away, give me understanding, something to hang onto. Alas, nothing. But I kept praying. I was on my way home from work last Monday and burst into tears while I was driving. Immediately I cried out for God to stop the pain. Again I begged and pleaded for what seemed like an hour but was probably really 30 seconds. No answer. I got my act together so I didn't wreck my car and tried to think of something else.

I don't know what I was thinking about but I started to realize that there was a picture materializing in my mind. It was like something coming toward me through fog. When it became clear, I was looking at a white marble throne upon which God was sitting. I don't know how I knew the throne was marble but I did. Everything was white: His robes, the background, everything....except Lokai who was sitting/laying on His lap. I couldn't see His head or hands but I knew they were there. Lokai was never much of a lap cat and I could tell she wasn't wild about sitting on His lap, but she did what He commanded her to do. Her front paws were hanging over His knees. She almost always did that, hang her paws over the edge of something. I think I said thank you, I don't know, but immediately everything changed. I was calm like I hadn't been in months. The picture faded the same way it showed up. Since then, things have been.....not as painful. Life is tolerable now.

I'm no artist but I sketched a rough pencil drawing of what I saw and I'm going to look for someone to draw or paint it for me. Only 4 times in my life have I been unmistakenly touched by the Holy Spirit. That was one of them.

Old 03-21-2016, 03:21 PM

Wow, that sounds like a really powerful experience. I would not discount that.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:00 PM

Oh man, you know it!!! Never ever in my most imaginative state could I ever have thought up something like that. But you know what? He didn't make it so that I ran off the road or anything. I was completely aware of where I was on the road, but for a few seconds, that "vision" overtook me completely. I told Him that vision would have been really helpful a few weeks earlier......and I could just feel Him saying, "my time, not yours".

Old 03-29-2016, 02:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,433 times
Hi new here and have been reading through all the posts in this thread. My sweet boy Mcbain was diagnosed with Lymphoma in his small intestines a month ago. We opted to go with a holistic approach however the tumor has continued to grow. As of this weekend he no longer wants to eat but still drinks from his fountain. I started feed assisting him which he's handling well but it looks like its time for us to let him go. He's not having bathroom issues at this time so we are giving him a few more days with us. This is the hardest thing Ive ever gone through with a pet. Trying to stay strong.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:53 PM

Awww, we all understand what that's like. I hope your guy has some peace and doesn't suffer. At least he'll know he is loved.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,433 times
Thank you, yes he knows he's loved. We tell him everyday and give him lots of love and kisses. I tried to upload a picture of him but I can't figure out how to. He's such a beautiful boy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats