Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,812 times

Advertisements

I'm devastated today--I just buried Mozart Cat 7/12/12 after spending $300 at Vet 7/9/12 and $498 at Vet 6/27/12 for Shiloh & Sampson Dogs and this morning while grooming Daphne and clipping her fingernails, I jut found a blackish color large tumor growth around her nipple. I just became unemployed and now I can't afford any more vet bills until I regain employment--when it rains it pours!!

Do you know of any Vets in the Raleigh/Cary/Morrisville/Apex/Durham (I would drive distance if necessary) area that would work with me to make payments or help me care for my cat right away?

Kelly, 7/14/12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 02:35 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Kelly post this in the Raleigh Durham forum. This goes all over the world.

won't the vet you used for your other pets give you a break or let you make small monthly payments?
good luck

Old 07-14-2012, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,812 times
No---they want $$$ upfront always--they are trying to survive too.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:12 PM

157 posts, read 587,418 times
khouston, I am so sorry to read abt your kitty and also the tough times you find yourself in right now....I am praying you find a clinic that will help you out...I will send you this that I've heard some posters have used(forget where)...its a credit card for just such times that will allow monthly payments...I hope this helps

CareCredit® Healthcare Finance - Payment Plans and Financing for Cosmetic Surgery, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Veterinary & Other Medical Procedures

Old 07-14-2012, 09:53 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,244 times
You can also goggle things like funds for vet care, cancer help for pets, etc. There are groups that help cover vet costs for owners in need. Be aware of course that it isn't a sure thing, which is why you should email as many of them as you can find to maximize your chances of finding help.

Carecredit is great- it often allows you a certain amount of time interest free to pay off the bill. I've used it many times. Just be aware that the interest is very high if you don't pay it off in time

Old 07-14-2012, 10:29 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,601,055 times
I don't know where your vet school is there but find it and give them a call. They are more likely to work with you and may even have grants available for some of the treatment. A frend of mine had his dog at the Univerity of Illinois and had a bill in the thousands. They worked with him and provided two CT scans without cost to him because they had a grant.

My heart goes out to you and Daphne. You're a responsible animal person and you don't deserve this misfortune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats