U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:21 PM

585 posts, read 736,153 times

Advertisements

OK once again I'm tapping the wisdom of my very helpful cat people here...

Shame on us, I know, but I don't have a good cat tree. I DO have a nice nest/scratching post the kids love but I figure it's time for us to get a big hulking beast of a cat tree in the condo. Our ceilings are pretty high so I could probably fit a 5 or 6 tier tree if I have to. If I had to guess, I'd say I have 7 - 8 feet of vertical space to fill at least.

We have about 700 sq feet so I have to keep space in mind but we have a large, open floor plan and I may do something like this in our hallway: IKEA Hack from Stockholm*|*moderncat :: cat products, cat toys, cat furniture, and more…all with modern style I also LOVE these "natural" tree designs but they seem a bit pricey: Cat Tree Kingdom - Home

Does anyone have a favorite cat tree? Money is no object BUT I've looked already and some are in the $400 - $500 range - as much as I love my kitties, that's just ridiculous and I'd feel guilty spending that kind of money on my cats when A) they are perfectly happy with our house as is and B) some people in America can't put food on the table or keep a roof over their heads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 04:33 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,335,844 times
Default Checkthis out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabunnies View Post
OK once again I'm tapping the wisdom of my very helpful cat people here...

Shame on us, I know, but I don't have a good cat tree. I DO have a nice nest/scratching post the kids love but I figure it's time for us to get a big hulking beast of a cat tree in the condo. Our ceilings are pretty high so I could probably fit a 5 or 6 tier tree if I have to. If I had to guess, I'd say I have 7 - 8 feet of vertical space to fill at least.

We have about 700 sq feet so I have to keep space in mind but we have a large, open floor plan and I may do something like this in our hallway: IKEA Hack from Stockholm*|*moderncat :: cat products, cat toys, cat furniture, and more…all with modern style I also LOVE these "natural" tree designs but they seem a bit pricey: Cat Tree Kingdom - Home

Does anyone have a favorite cat tree? Money is no object BUT I've looked already and some are in the $400 - $500 range - as much as I love my kitties, that's just ridiculous and I'd feel guilty spending that kind of money on my cats when A) they are perfectly happy with our house as is and B) some people in America can't put food on the table or keep a roof over their heads.

I have been keeping this site on my radar for the next time we need cat furniture. I have NEVER seen better prices anywhere, and I plan to buy some stuff from here for our kids (all 23 of them!!) maybe for Christmas this year. I cannot personally attest to the quality but the reviews on their site are good and it also has FREE SHIPPING, which I love - some places even charge overage charges for bulky or really heavy stuff - which this probably would be. Let me know what you think, please???

I forgot to add the link, duh.....http://cattreestore.com

Last edited by CFoulke; 07-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: duh - forgot the link!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 04:53 PM

OMG! I LOOOOVE this one: Cat Tree Store Beverly Hills Cat Tree/Cat Tower/Cat Condo - $164.00 : CatTreeStore - Freeshipping Cat Tree, Cat Condo, Cat Furniture, Cat Tower, CatTreeStore - Freeshipping Cat Tree, Cat Condo, Cat Furniture, Cat Tower Price seems really decent too, I've seen less elaborate ones at PetSmart for the same price or more.

Thank you thank you! Let me dig through the site and see what else I find.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:22 AM

6,632 posts, read 5,401,405 times
I found that Petco has the best price on cat trees and condos, but PetsMart also has good quality ones at fair prices. Those I see online are always more expensive.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:20 PM

18,868 posts, read 15,987,943 times
They have a small, pretty decent one at Costco, "Bob Cat", for $79.00.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 PM

6,632 posts, read 5,401,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
They have a small, pretty decent one at Costco, "Bob Cat", for $79.00.
I watched for sales also. I got a huge multi level cat-condo for $129 one Dec. They apparently look to unload stock at the end of the year. Some Xmas sales are for real.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:09 PM

I don't have a Costco card... but my boyfriend does (and is very sweet about picking up cat litter for me before he comes over, he's a crazy cat man in training!), I'll have him look for me, thanks!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 PM

8,844 posts, read 12,557,840 times
Make sure before you buy one that it's make from real wood covered with carpet. Some of them are made from carpet covered cardboard and/or particle board.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 PM

18,868 posts, read 15,987,943 times
I am going to get one at Costco for Jasper next week. I sort of worried, he would hurt himself because he has no claws, and what if he tried to get to the top rung, and fell because he has no claws? But, I think he would like it. I will send you a pic of Jasper in his new habitat, when I get it.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:14 PM

6,152 posts, read 9,327,824 times
my favorties in terms fo quality and price are by armakat
I dont own one but a few of the places ive worked over the yeas had, used or carried them for sale and i LOVE them...if i ever had the money to spend it would be on one of their many designs lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats