Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

Crazy Cat - The Best Delicacy For A Cat! xD - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:25 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,981,062 times
Yes but we dig it up from the outdoors and pot it up.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:14 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,656,926 times
There is stuff you can buy in little square containers and it grows indoors. Cat safe grass. With our cats, some liked it, some didnt. But, thats to be expected with cats

Old 07-26-2012, 03:26 PM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
The only one I had that tried to eat grass was my senior, and I'd just let him out back to eat it. Declawed and couldn't jump the fence. Without fail though, he'd eat grass and *** it back up, so I put a stop to that. I had to make sure not to use weed killer in certain spots when we still had him so he wouldn't get sick from it. Our other cats just prefer to dine on the salad bar of green leafy plants that my wife keeps around the house.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:31 PM

96 posts, read 336,813 times
Gizmo and Tracy don't care for it. Priscilla goes nuts for it. I get the indoor kitty grass that you can grow and as soon as it's ready, all I have to do is hold it out where she can see it and she starts meowing high pitched, basically screaming "Give it here!!!". Currently staying at my mom's and she has 4 rabbits in a spare bedroom. Each one has their own big dog cage with Timothy hay in it. Couldn't find Priscilla one day and go look in the spare room. She's was reaching through the cages and stealing Timothy Hay from each one. Would eat a little and then add it to the pile she was making in the middle of the room.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM

575 posts, read 1,995,112 times
I used to - I even bought fancy organic cat grass. Then I had an issue with worms with Simon who was the only cat interested in it. I never even gave it a second thought until my vet mentioned that he could have gotten them from the cat grass plant. It happens often - the tapeworms live in dirt No more cat grass!

Old 07-26-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
The only one I had that tried to eat grass was my senior, and I'd just let him out back to eat it. Declawed and couldn't jump the fence. Without fail though, he'd eat grass and *** it back up, so I put a stop to that. I had to make sure not to use weed killer in certain spots when we still had him so he wouldn't get sick from it. Our other cats just prefer to dine on the salad bar of green leafy plants that my wife keeps around the house.
That's why they eat grass. It tangles with the hair balls and makes it easier to pass them or hack them up.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom4 View Post
I used to - I even bought fancy organic cat grass. Then I had an issue with worms with Simon who was the only cat interested in it. I never even gave it a second thought until my vet mentioned that he could have gotten them from the cat grass plant. It happens often - the tapeworms live in dirt No more cat grass!
Fleas pass tapeworms, not grass. You may be thinking about roundworms. The cat grass you buy is not grown in soil from gardens and lawns. It's a soil-less mix free of parasites and quite safe.

How to Deal With Tapeworms in Cats : Cat Health 101 : Animal Planet or Google "cat tapeworm."

Old 07-26-2012, 08:34 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,681,743 times
My Kitty a total carnivore = non-vegan.
She does not like either catnip nor that grass... still haven't figure out why besides she is non-vegan eater.

P.S. She is fed hairball formula & given hairball petromalt on a reg. basis.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:13 PM

575 posts, read 1,995,112 times
[quote==^..^=;25356431]Fleas pass tapeworms, not grass. You may be thinking about roundworms.

There are actually two types of tapeworms - they don't all come from fleas. So if you buy seeds and grow it yourself or the garden center uses potting soil, or garden soil, then there is a possibility of the cats getting worms The segments of tapeworms or larva can live in soil - it's how children can get tapeworms too - they don't eat fleas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats