Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 03:32 PM

4 posts, read 6,834 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My fiance and I found a small, female, white, and orange cat crying outside of our house this afternoon. She was hungry and very dirty. We brought her in and gave her a bath and some food. She is incredibly friendly! If this might be your cat, please let me know!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 03:37 PM

Scratch that, we are not sure if it is a female or male.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:38 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
You have to let people know what city/state you're in! LOL!

Look online and see if you can find any cat rescues in your area. They may be able to help you find a lost/found pets thing where you can post pics of the cat.

She was probably so scared. Sounds like she was out for a while if she was dirty/hungry. Thank you for taking her in and taking care of her!! Maybe if her owner doesn't claim her, you and your fiance will consider adopting her? PLEASE don't bring her to the shelter; she will more than likely be put to sleep if you do

Old 04-07-2013, 03:39 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmorepit View Post
Scratch that, we are not sure if it is a female or male.

Lift up the tail and take a peek. If there are 2 little balls, it's a boy. If not, it's a girl. If it looks like there USED to be balls but they were snipped, it's a neutered male.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:55 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
What state or city are you in? <<sort of important; this site covers the entire world....
Look under kitty's tail.
Post on craigslist, call local vets, call local rescues.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:58 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Poor baby. Thanks for taking care of her!

Old 04-07-2013, 04:36 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
Post on craigslist, call local vets, call local rescues.
Craigslist is not a good idea. There are too many psychocases on there looking for free and dirt cheap cats and kittens.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:42 PM

8,064 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Congratulations on your new fur baby! Nope, you are not finding the owner BUT you have a new friend

Seriously though- you might as well keep her since she thinks you are worthy of being her new human.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:01 PM

Sorry! I thought this forum was for Baltimore City specifically! We live in Baltimore City, Maryland.

I called all the shelters and animal control and rescues and they all pointed me towards craigslist to list the cat as found. I would never sell a cat on craigslist but there seems to be no organized method for reporting lost/found animals.

We are not sure if we are going to keep it - my fiance wants to but I am moderately allergic to cat dander. There is an animal rescue around here called Lucky Cat and they are a no kill rescue, that is where we would send her if we decided not to keep her. I rescued my dog from their partner rescue, Lucky Dog, and they are a wonderful organization!

Old 04-07-2013, 06:37 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,161,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Craigslist is not a good idea. There are too many psychocases on there looking for free and dirt cheap cats and kittens.
Well it can be if you do it right.
A couple of years ago I found two small mixed-breed dogs with no microchips or collar ID....posted them on CL with a very vague description and no photos (on purpose) and the owner called me with a spot-on identification and got her dogs back.

Bmorepit I hope you find this cat's home! If you do put her on craigslist: no photos. Post a general description and require people to give you specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats