Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,283,028 times

Advertisements

Well. My SO finally decided to clean out his ex gf daughters room (not his daughter) and it is the room where Kitty Katty slept at night and had his pretty little princess bed. Never fear, he is on my lap right now. There should be a thread on the crazy way humans sit in order to task with their cats on their laps.

Well, there was a set of bunkbeds and his bed was on the bottom bunk against the wall. now the beds are separated and his bed is on the other bed next to the opposite wall near a window. He thought Kitty Katty would like to look out the window.

Well, he gets on the bed but not in his bed. He will lay right next to it and that is it. When we bring his bed out here in the living room he lays in it.... What gives? Now all the crap out of that room is gona and the Kitty has nowhere to hide...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 08:22 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,380,130 times
When you try to figure out what your pets would like better than what they have now, sometimes you make a mistake. I'm sure most of us here know all about good intentions gone awry. I take it this room is just the cat room now, and you aren't going to repurpose it. Put the bunk bed back together, and put it where it was before. Return some of the stuff that was in there, or different stuff if you must, so that there will be places to hide again. If it's the cat room, it doesn't need to be neat, and cat's don't like simplicity in decor that much. Then tell Kitty Katty you and bf are very sorry, and you put his room back together the best you could.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Well, it is going to be painted and made into a guest bedroom. There is nowhere for people to sleep if they come here. There was so much stuff in there it filled up 2 very large trash cans and then the rest in 2 large lawn bags for salvation army and even more stuff stacked on the beds. I can't even believe there was that much stuff in there!\

I think he liked the feeling of something above him, like a canopy or something. Maybe he would like something like a kitty tent.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:55 PM

41,840 posts, read 74,899,969 times
One of the 10 commandments of cat ownership: Don't mess with the kitty's hiding places, window perches, fluffy blankies or food dishes.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
One of the 10 commandments of cat ownership: Don't mess with the kitty's hiding places, window perches, fluffy blankies or food dishes.
Well this evening he was in his bed. I think life is going to be ok.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,558,282 times
Here's a no-fail at our house when one of the 23 furry tails gets all fluffed up over nothing - find a large cardboard box or a giant paper bag (no handles) and set it up in the general vicinity of where you want it (or where they want it - trust me they will tell you!). Our kids go ape s- - t over these things and all is well with their kitty souls if they can play fort or make some noise. Put one or the other in Kitty Katty's room and see if it makes him happy. BTW - I love his glowing eyes. Maybe he likes it all pink in there!!! I am glad he has returned to his bed. Let's not forget that he was left ALL ALONE for five miserable and long days without his mama - there has to be some payback you know!!! Hope your room turns out pretty - you will have plenty of help, it looks like.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Kitty Katty does not get in boxes or bags. A quite strange fella. He is sitting here on my lap. I got my hair colored today and when I got home he acted like he didn't even know me! Little boogie! He even snubbed my kitty treats! I bought him a new bowl while I was out and I think it will be better for him. Such a messy eater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats