Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,244 times

Advertisements

Or at least he decided it was too much work and hired some local muscle to fill in. Now this happens:

Robin wake up - YouTube

(This video is a rough-cut, so please forgive the abrupt transitions.)

(I love the part nearer the end where Robin goes to greet the camera and "mmphs' at it. She does that little quiet "mmph' sound ALL the time. If you make eye contact, she 'mmphs' at you. I also included some video of us playing...she loves playing rough and has most excellent bite inhibition. If I were to try tousling with JJ like that I'd lose my face!)

(There really has been a complete shift change in who has to do the dirty work of waking me. Now JJ sits out in the hall and Robin does the crying and scratching. If she takes too long, he'll eventually start WAILING his fool head off.)

Last edited by ParallelJJCat; 01-02-2013 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
lol, did you ever get to go back to sleep or was it time to get up anyway?

Only one of my kitties, Gretel, sleeps with me -- she doesn't get along with the others (although will tolerate her twin Hansel). It's nice because it gives Gretel and me lots of cuddle time -- I don't see her a lot during the day unless I put the others in a couple of bedrooms and let Gretel have the run of the house. When I go to bed I always read for an hour or two before turning off the lights for the night, and she stretches out on my lap and I pet her as I read. When I am ready to turn the Kindle light off, she meanders down to the end of the bed, turns around a few times, then lies down and goes to sleep. She rarely wakes me up once we both go to sleep.

She does get jealous of the Kindle sometimes and tries to knock it out of my hands!

Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I've noticed that Oscar waits for me to actually move before he starts messing with me but once I move a muscle I am fair game. He walks on my head, pounced on my belly if I'm on my back but the worse thing he does is get on the bedside table and start messing with the lamp shade. I think he has itchy lips but everybody here says he is just marking the lampshade every single morning of his life! I used to like to have a cup of water or even a water bottle on my bedside table but that has been impossible because his biggest delight was in knocking it over onto poor sleeping Lucy the Bichon who sleeps right by the bed on her blanky.

Langley on the other hand pretty much stays by my feet all night and only responds if I initiate pets and kisses.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
That is a cute video! Its funny watching the cat trying to get his toy human to play with him. It completely reminds me of this Simon's Cat video:

Cat Man Do - Simon's Cat - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats