U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 12:41 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,369,818 times

Advertisements

I was just up at PetsMart and they are there on Sundays. I went back to look at the kitties and say hello, I also have some food bowls I would like to donate.

They all had been looking at Kitty Kattys two videos and had them pulled up on their phones. How exciting!

All of them are so happy for Kitty. They knew him as a cat who did not like to run around or play or cuddle. He just stayed in his crate and rarely came out. They have seen pictures of him here and there, whenever I stop by to see them, but never as many as the Back in Black video.

It makes me very happy for so many people to be so happy about his placement, and with such excitement. I am very happy to have made such a difference in his kitty life. I cannot imagine him just sitting in a crate all day long.

They would like me to write something up for their newsletter. Many of the volunteers are also trying to get the owners to use facebook as well, but they are a little bit old fashioned. I think it would do their rescue good. People use facebook and share links all the time....

They are encouraging Kitty Katty to get his own page....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 PM

2,187 posts, read 3,592,394 times
Awww...how sweet!! It breaks my heart to think of that dear sweet boy just laying in his crate. Can you imagine what he thought about all day, and how pitiful he must have been? Seriously - it makes me cry. It's no wonder he has so much love to give - he was storing it up all along!! Robyn, I am just so very thankful that you and he found each other. I tell my husband all the time - God puts you where you need to be - and indeed he did with you. I think you have found your calling - and I am glad you keep in touch with his previous handlers. They are able to see the good that comes from their efforts too - it's a win-win-win for all of you.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:39 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,369,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Awww...how sweet!! It breaks my heart to think of that dear sweet boy just laying in his crate. Can you imagine what he thought about all day, and how pitiful he must have been? Seriously - it makes me cry. It's no wonder he has so much love to give - he was storing it up all along!! Robyn, I am just so very thankful that you and he found each other. I tell my husband all the time - God puts you where you need to be - and indeed he did with you. I think you have found your calling - and I am glad you keep in touch with his previous handlers. They are able to see the good that comes from their efforts too - it's a win-win-win for all of you.
I really can't imagine any of it! I remember them telling me he would probably just stay in his carrier, and on the day I got him I left it out and open so if he wanted to be in there he could. Once he looked around the house, he came and got on my lap. Less than an hour after I got home with him.

He is a very sweet boy. Sitting here on the desk right now between SO and I. I would love to volunteer for their group but it could not be in the way of fostering, because KK is a one-kitty a house man!

I am also glad that they can see that their efforts do pay off. Most all of them are un-paid volunteers, giving of their time and homes for all of these cats... Angels in blue t shirts.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM

32,307 posts, read 59,530,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
They are encouraging Kitty Katty to get his own page....
He could be the next Maru, or Henri le Chat Noir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats