Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,652,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I think men just dont like to dress their pets like dolls
Well I will definitely cop to that! In fact I tend to get annoyed when I see evidence of people treating their pets that way. Not that I'm perfect or anything, it's just where I draw a line.

But certainly it doesn't follow that it means I would be averse to cats. I don't really find that cats are dressed up more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i love cats. but your point is noted. i dont think so. i think men have been so shamed by women, that any public display of affection towards anything and anybody is clearly viewed as depraved and lewd male behavior. women have been on a crusade for 50 years to put men in a permanent bad light.
Note that if people respond to this statement the way they may wish to, the thread may get either shut down or... **shudder** ...moved to the Relationships forum. And I'll be darned if I'm going back over there even to chase down a cat topic.

Danger, Will Robinson...

Old 03-01-2013, 08:53 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Men do not like to be challenged by that naturally defiant cat look...The nerve of that cat acting as if they were in charge! Myself I am secure and don't care if the cat thinks they are boss. I love cats and dogs - just keep off my damned bed with your stupid shedding and un- wiped butts..Woman on the other hand will let both cats and dogs in their bed..So I wonder who is the truly more insecure sex?

Unconditional love...You hear that crap all the time...dogs and cats have unconditional addiction to food and modern comfort. To be honest I would rather have a cat..that I could just kick out side at night and not have to worry about..Dogs are great but when they get old the start dropping turds and hang on to the bitter end..at least most cats go off and die in the woods somewhere.

The question was - are men control freaks when it comes to cats? The actual question should be - Are woman control freaks for even asking the question?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
lord I hope you don't have any pets. Your attitude is very sad indeed.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:14 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Control freaks? Are you talking about the men or the cats?

Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
Just wondering if this is why or is it that a lot of guys like cats but its not supposed to be manly? I have always liked cats, but felt it was not something you could say, men had to like dogs. LOL
My husband, not at all into controlling anyone or anything, really likes cats. I like both cats and dogs but we only have cats right now - 4 of them.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,989,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

Unconditional love...You hear that crap all the time...dogs and cats have unconditional addiction to food and modern comfort. To be honest I would rather have a cat..that I could just kick out side at night and not have to worry about..Dogs are great but when they get old the start dropping turds and hang on to the bitter end..at least most cats go off and die in the woods somewhere.
I hope you don't decide to get a pet. You're not the type to be a good pet owner.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:53 AM

340 posts, read 495,692 times
I have noticed it in women who are control freaks. I have a sister in law who must control everything around her, she loves her Golden Retrievers but hates cats. I have a renter who has a cat and is divorced, when I go to fix something he seems to have to go out of his way to tell me its for the kids and then tosses it like its a problem. I keep telling him I like cats and have one. When we moved to Fla I had to give up my long time cat and put him in a no kill center. He was adopted out to a good family. [I keep telling my wife I hope they are telling me the truth not like in the green mile where Mr Jangles went to a mouse circus] LOL

Old 03-01-2013, 10:57 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
Personally, I think there is something strange about people that don't like animals.

My ex's dad, a real jerk, he kept his hunting dog outside in a pen, oh he liked that dog ok I guess, but not enough to bring him in from the Nebraska cold. They didn't have a cat and I'm sure he had no use for them. There are those types of guys, from my own experiences, I've found them cold and insensitive. Oh her dad just loved me too, me picking up stray cats and dogs. He said to me once, you don't need no Master's degree to be a dog catcher. A real a piece of work he was, and he was a college educated guy, but that doesn't mean he had any class at all.

I think some men think its unmanly to like a cat, it just sits there and purrs on your lap. Now a dog you can go do manly things, like let him ride in the back of your pick up truck when you're doing 65, and take him with ya when you go kill things and call it a sport.

Edit: I don't like those that lets their cats run loose, I think its irresponsible and just too many things can happen. And people say well he never leaves the yard, uhuh. Those that let them run and don't have them fixed are even worse. Too many cats not enough good homes as it is. Off the track, but Hopes post made me think of it.

Last edited by todd00; 03-01-2013 at 11:17 AM..

Old 03-01-2013, 11:06 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I converted every boyfriend in my life to become cat lovers, except my husband. He absolutely hates cats. It has nothing to do with control. He's not a controlling guy. It has nothing to do with masculinity. He's not a macho guy. He doesn't like them because they do their "business" inside in a box and owners let them run wild and they go into other people's yards to do their business. The worst are the ones not fixed and then they multiply into a neighborhood crisis. He says cats should be kept on leashes when outside. That's not a control thing any more than wanting rats to not infest the neighborhood.

Between you and me, I've seen him petting the neighbor's cat quite a few times. It's an exceptionally great cat though, one of my favorites in the neighborhood. So, there must be hope for my hubby after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats