Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,567,253 times

Advertisements

Congratulations on finding a home for the three tabby boys. Julia and Carmel look bonded already! Red boys are so sweet, you are in for a real treat with him.

How about adding a pic of your Resident Boy to your Album. What's his name? (if you've told us I missed it) How old is he? He's going to have a great time lording it over the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM

532 posts, read 1,068,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Congratulations on finding a home for the three tabby boys. Julia and Carmel look bonded already! Red boys are so sweet, you are in for a real treat with him.

How about adding a pic of your Resident Boy to your Album. What's his name? (if you've told us I missed it) How old is he? He's going to have a great time lording it over the kids.
Sure; just added three pictures of Edward. He is enormous, but so sweet, intelligent and gentle. He just sits and watches them play. He *knows* I love him. As big as he is, I pick him up constantly and hold him against my heart, and kiss him. He's just a big Ole' love bucket. He follows me around the house like a dog, insists I sit and watch him eat, and he talks to me. I'm pretty good at mimicing the sounds he makes. And I sing and talk to him in my human language, too.

Just got an email from the Kitties' original owner, claiming the broken tail "was always like that." I'm not convinced.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,726,707 times
They are beautiful!!!!! Lucky Cat Lady, you are!!

See what kind of personalities they have before you name them.

Have fun and take lots of photos and videos!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:59 PM

90 posts, read 64,394 times
Thats cool you can take them in. I could only rescue one. I had to get ride of one that was given to us because it would not stop biting. We thought it would out grow it but we were both afraid of it. It was not mean but it would just bite and draw blood. Took it to the HS. I bet if it did not stop biting it had to be put down. I felt bad but I did rescue one they had.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 PM

532 posts, read 1,068,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
They are beautiful!!!!! Lucky Cat Lady, you are!!

See what kind of personalities they have before you name them.

Have fun and take lots of photos and videos!!!!!!!!
I forgot to tell you, Edward is two, the vet said. A friend of mine found him scrounging for food in a dumpster, called kitty kitty, and he came and jumped right in her car! Some college kid abandoned him, right around Christmas.

Last edited by jtaustin; 04-22-2013 at 05:14 PM..

Old 04-22-2013, 05:21 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,117 times
No kids, no grandchildren. Our cats are our kids. We don't dress them up or carry them around in little purses. We don't make them take ballet, or yell at their soccer coaches. We don't pressure them to study for their SATs. We don't expect to relive our youth through them.

We give them proper medical care and love them.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:37 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaustin View Post
Please check and see if you can access my album now. And let me know?
What lucky kittens to be fed out of Fiesta bowls!

My cats are not afforded that privilege; they tip and bat their bowls around too much and their mom doesn't trust them.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,417,031 times
OP-You are great and I hope you enjoy your new family!!

Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
People with multiple cats (sometimes even those with just one) need to stay grounded and realize that their pets are just that..PETS. You can not forsake interaction and the joys of human contact for that of a cat.

Im sure you understand.
The joys of human contact?

I would much rather spend my time with my cats! And dogs. And fish!

OP: I highly advise against clumping litter because it's so dusty and can give the little ones upper respiratory problems. Even as they get older, it's not a good idea.

Also, here's this to read:

http://www.orijen.ie/acatalog/ORIJEN...er%2809%29.pdf

Congratulations once again.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,067,462 times
Edward is so beautiful and so well named. It suits him and aren't you lucky he seems not disturbed at all by the interlopers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats