U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM

8,120 posts, read 9,987,140 times
Snickers starts at 4:30am. If the howling and whining doesn't work, he gets on the bed, sits on me, and continues until I go into the kitchen and open up a can of food. Smokey is more subdued - she jumps on the computer desk, wakes up the computer, and I hear it talking to me.

I just got over a week of the flu, and except for the cats, I was literally bedridden. Snickers was overjoyed, because since I was stuck in bed, he was glued to me, and that made him very happy, but still had to eat early in the morning. And I mean that cat was literally glued to me!
Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM

2,138 posts, read 1,188,965 times
Our cat will walk up the body and then sit on the chest- mostly my husband is the victim because I sleep in a ball on my side. It that does not work, she knows to walk across the keyboard, or just sit on it so it starts to do the 'dunk-dunk-dunk' noise that it does when it's saying 'you can't do that'...
It's not food she wants, she just wants out. Now if she is out and wants it, then she will softly meow a few times and if that does not work, she jumps up and hangs on the door knob.

Many years ago I got my grandmother a tonkanese. When he wanted into her bedroom he would actually meow, 'graw-maw'.

Unread 05-06-2013, 10:58 PM

5,397 posts, read 3,397,225 times
OH yes, one big, fat, black and white alarm clock, with paws.

He likes to get up early. I do not.
Therein lies the problem....

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:22 PM

7,648 posts, read 5,855,033 times
Yes. I call her my warm-blooded alarm clock. She meows, walks on me, tries to open my eyelids, head butts me, slaps my face (gently), tickles my face and nose with her whiskers, lays on top of me, walks on my hair, basically does everything she can to get me out of bed. Then I feed her and she takes a couple of nibbles and leaves the rest. It's not really food that she wants; she just thinks it's high time I got out of bed. I give her her medicine. My husband goes to work. Then she starts meowing at me wanting me to take a nap with her. And a nap is all day. She would be perfectly content if we could just get my husband out the door in the mornings and then she and I would sleep in the bed all day.

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:30 AM

26,728 posts, read 7,021,853 times
My cat sits on the edge of the bed and stares at me, while occasionally walking around.

She comes in after sunset because she is fed tuna every night, tries to get let out in the late evening, and knows that if she can wake me up near sunrise, she can get an early start to her day.

Thanks to her, I have seen many sunrises - but I always manage to catch another hour of sleep and actually get up at a decent hour.

Right now she is sleeping contentedly on my lap.

Unread 05-07-2013, 02:37 AM

26,728 posts, read 7,021,853 times
Also - I sleep on my side and will switch sides several times during the night.

My cat will sleep on my hip - so I inevitably wake up and have to spend several minutes convincing her to get off of me so that I can roll over.

Then I go back to sleep and in another 2 or so hours I have to go through the same process.

She loves it if I enixplicably fall asleep flat on my back because she can sleep on my lap.

Unfortunately for her, I can't go into a deep sleep in that position.

She sees herself as the Queen.

Last edited by Harrier; 05-07-2013 at 02:46 AM..

Unread 05-07-2013, 04:50 AM

330 posts, read 151,753 times
Yes,absolutely! Tiger is VERY vocal screaming and whining at the top of his lungs!

Unread 05-07-2013, 05:19 AM

19,045 posts, read 12,106,533 times
Actually Oscar is usually pretty quiet looking at me intently. If he sees one tiny movement anywhere, eyelid, hand, anything then I am fair game and he starts harassing me for food. Sometimes I'm half asleep and forget to be perfectly still so i can have a few more minutes of peace.
Aren't our kitties wonderful? I feel sorry for folks who don't understand and appreciate cats.

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM

13,346 posts, read 3,896,577 times
Mine just sit and stare at me till I wake up. Creepy little buggers.

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:21 AM

4,369 posts, read 6,292,782 times
Coffee machine starts so does Cha-Cha. She will dig me out of my warm nest. ShadowCat will sit in the kitchen and give me this look - lets move! I have fooled them by forgetting to set the coffee machine:>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats