Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:34 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times

Advertisements

Checkers is at my feet as I type this, giving me his "maximum cuteness" look: wide eyes, tilted head, perked-up ears, audible purring ... It just screams "AREN'T I JUST THE CUTEST THING?????"

Yes, Checkers, you are ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Then I am not the "single woman over 40 with a million cats" either.
I'm over 50 -- and widowed! (that ramps up the "crazy" a bit more, dontcha think? ) -- and I have "only" two ...

But I doubt if I'd have a cat if it weren't for my late spouse, who adored cats more than I do. I didn't have a cat before I met him, other than my childhood cat. He was the one that insisted we bring these two cute little stray tuxedo kittens in the house. We had intended to find homes for them, because he had an elderly cat (who hated me, but that's another story!) -- but before than happened, old Bear died, and my husband wanted to keep the kittens.

So here we are, me and the kitties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 04:51 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Checkers is at my feet as I type this, giving me his "maximum cuteness" look: wide eyes, tilted head, perked-up ears, audible purring ... It just screams "AREN'T I JUST THE CUTEST THING?????"

Yes, Checkers, you are ...

I'm over 50 -- and widowed! (that ramps up the "crazy" a bit more, dontcha think? ) -- and I have "only" two ...

But I doubt if I'd have a cat if it weren't for my late spouse, who adored cats more than I do. I didn't have a cat before I met him, other than my childhood cat. He was the one that insisted we bring these two cute little stray tuxedo kittens in the house. We had intended to find homes for them, because he had an elderly cat (who hated me, but that's another story!) -- but before than happened, old Bear died, and my husband wanted to keep the kittens.

So here we are, me and the kitties.

Aww. I bet they keep you company! I know Kitty Katty sure keeps me company....

Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,417,031 times
Anyone who is that against cats without evening owning one is a Moderator cut: please use another term . Please do not get me started or I'll have another mandatory vacation coming..

Brat is in my lap as I type right now.

My cat runs my life and I'm perfectly fine with it.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-02-2013 at 07:26 AM..

Old 05-31-2013, 08:59 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Aww. I bet they keep you company! I know Kitty Katty sure keeps me company....
They absolutely do keep me company, and give me something to look forward to when I get home. I don't know how on earth I'd have gotten through the last year and a half without them.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:43 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,988,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Anyone who is that against cats without evening owning one is a retard. Please do not get me started or I'll have another mandatory vacation coming..
That about sums up how I feel too. But when they LIE about cats.... my BP really goes up!

If someone's cat/s stink and the house stinks also, that person is a lazy SLOB. Only a sick or intact male cat smells bad. Those with smelly Tomcats are too dumb or cheap to get the cat neutered - or the stink doesn't bother them! Why blame the cat when it's the owner's fault?

They're probably too lazy to use use a clumping litter and scoop twice a day. I have four cats and there are no smells in my home unless I'm cooking. And THAT smells pretty good.

Quote:
Brat is in my lap as I type right now.

My cat runs my life and I'm perfectly fine with it.
As are millions of other people owned by cats.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 AM

That thread is pretty ignorant. I have been in some houses that stink the second you walk in.....and it is very obviously due to a dirty liter box. I am thinking this person has only ever experienced this and never been to a persons house with a cat who cleans the box on a very regular basis.

Again, that is what CD is for...broad generalizations.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
They absolutely do keep me company, and give me something to look forward to when I get home. I don't know how on earth I'd have gotten through the last year and a half without them.
How sweet. Pets are really a wonderful thing...... Kitty heard me tossing and turning this morning and came and got in bed with me. It was past his normal 5am feeding time so I guess he figured he would give me a little nudge. Now he has a full belly...lol

Old 06-01-2013, 11:51 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,988,840 times
Quote:
That thread is pretty ignorant. I have been in some houses that stink the second you walk in.....and it is very obviously due to a dirty liter box. I am thinking this person has only ever experienced this and never been to a persons house with a cat who cleans the box on a very regular basis.

Again, that is what CD is for...broad generalizations.
Exactly! I too have been in homes with cats and the whole house or apt smells. But that's not the cat's fault. I would think most adults would know better than to blame the cat.

I have also been in homes with human infants and the place smelled of stale urine. It sure wasn't the babies fault that the parent left dirty diapers around instead of taking them outside to the trashcan a few times a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats