Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,623 times

Advertisements

IN MY AREA WE HAVE A VERY LARGE POPULATION OF FERAL CATS. I LOVE ALL ANIMALS. I OWN 2 ENGLISH BULL DOG/BOXER MIX BREED DOGS. IN ADDITION, WHEN I MOVED HERE AROUND 3 YEARS AGO, I BEGAN TO SEE WHAT A HUGE PROBLEM THE AREA HAD WITH FERAL CATS. I COULDN'T RESIST FEEDING THEM BUT REALIZED THAT WITHOUT DOING MORE I WAS REALLY ONLY FEEDING THE PROBLEM. I BEGAN TO TRAP THEM AND HAVE THEM NEUTERED/SPAYED BECAUSE THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY I THOUGHT I COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I HAVE NEUTERED/SPAYED 26 TO DATE. THERE REMAINS SO MANY OTHERS. A FEW OF MY NEIGHBORS ALSO FEED THEM BUT I FEEL I AM THE ONLY ONE SPAYING THEM IN THIS AREA. ALSO THE VET THAT ONCE HELPED ME WITH A GOOD PRICE AND AVAILABILITY HAS LEFT THE BUSINESS I WAS USING. I CAN HARDLY GET AN APPOINTMENT AND AS YOU PROBABLY KNOW THIS JUST MEANS MORE & MORE BREEDING, MORE KITTENS AND HARDSHIP. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE PERHAPS KNOWS OF A VETERINARIAN THAT WOULD ALSO HELP ME WITH THE PROCESS. I REALLY WANT TO HELP THESE ANIMALS BUT CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT HELP. I SPEND SO MUCH MONEY AND EFFORT TO HELP THEM. SEVERAL OF THEM ARE TAME NOW TO A CERTAIN EXTENT. THE FACT REMAINS THEY ARE NOT TRULY ADOPTABLE. I AM IN DIRE STRAITS TO FIND ANOTHER VETERINARIAN THAT UNDERSTANDS AND POSSESSES THE EMPATHY TO HELP ME. IF YOU KNOW OF ANY FERAL CAT FRIENDLY VETERINARIANS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Call your local Humane Society and ask them for referrals.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:08 PM

970 posts, read 2,212,487 times
Some places have clinics where vets or vet students volunteer to spay/neuter feral cats. One of my friends used to volunteer at a clinic at least once a month that provided very cheap services to people who trapped ferals. If you live in a big city there is probably a program in your area.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
See if there is a cat coalition in your area. We have some feral cats in the area, but not nearly as many as you do (well, not yet anyway). So far I've TNR'd two of them, and there are two more that I need to do, but both are nursing litters. I don't know where the babies are; otherwise I'd try to trap them, too, and nip this problem in the bud before THEY start breeding!

Old 06-06-2013, 03:55 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,153,320 times
I googled "low cost spay neuter durham nc" and came up with lots of hits.
There are places you can get spay/neuter for cats for $20.00 in Durham.

https://www.google.com/search?q=low+...ient=firefox-a
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats