U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:30 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times

Advertisements

I think so. I always knew I was a cat person, in the way that I preferred cats over dogs but I never realized the relationships and bonds that certain people can have with their pets. I guess I was the person on the outside looking in and not able to understand.

Oh of course I had my first cat Blackie as a little girl, and later on had a cat named Precious as a teen. They were always with me just like Kitty Katty so how I never knew....I don't know.

But I suppose Mr. Kitty Katty are much closer than any of the other cats I have ever had, and he has proven to me how 'those people' can love their cats so much and be so close to them, and just treat them like little princes or princesses.

He sits here now with me. He was on the keyboard, then on my lap, and now laying on my desk just to the left of me. If I leave the room, he will follow, and if I leave the house, he will greet me in the kitchen when I get home.

I guess he is just my baby. Not just a cat. I know I have my followers here that feel otherwise....... aw well...lol.

It's a very rainy day here and we hope you are all having a nice day out there!!! Hug your kitties!

(The best cat in the world)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:01 PM

942 posts, read 1,176,638 times
"The best cat in he world", truer words were never spoken when it comes to our kitties. As always many thanks for "sharing"" KK with us and just luv the pics!

Old 06-10-2013, 12:40 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,411,016 times
Yep, I have never met a cat I couldn't love!! Out of our 22 cats, I can tell you every little nuance of every one of them, I can hear a meow in the middle of the night and know who it is. I love them and they love me right back - and I knew when I was a little girl that cats were special. I had dogs and horses and a couple of bunnies and some goldfish too, but the cats were MY babies. Kitty Katty plainly adores you - and he knows you adore him right back - animals are smart. They know they have a good thing going on, and even if it goes bad - it will still be going on....and they know that, too!! They have trained us well, don't you think??? I know I've told you this before, but even my never having actually "met" Kitty Katty - I love him like one of my own. His expressive face and the way he tolerates playing dress up, and how happy he makes you - makes him all the more special in my eyes. He is definitely a keeper!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 01:04 PM

6,724 posts, read 11,744,049 times
Awwwwwwwwww what a sweet thread ... another one!

Pik, love the new photos of KK. Here's one I recently took of Berkeley hangin' out in the living room ... it's a phone photo so not the best quality!

Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 PM

5,529 posts, read 1,950,375 times
It makes me so happy to see how much people love their four-legged babies. My husband tells me I treat our two like they're made of glass, lol. They are adored and care for and loved to pieces!!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 01:48 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
People who think dogs have personalities and cats don't are just CRAZY! My kitty died last Monday. I am heartbroken, but I'm feeling better. Once I got her ashes back I felt like she was with me again. She used to lay next to me in bed and I would pet her as I was falling asleep. When I fell asleep and stopped petting her, she would make a hook with her paw/leg and try to pull my arm toward her to pet her some more. She also would want to get under the blankets with me for daytime naps. At night she didn't want to be under the covers (too dark? I'm not sure), but in the day she wanted to. She also would stand in my chair on her hind legs behind me when I was working and give me a back rub. And she let me know that was not MY chair, it was OUR chair, and I had to share it with her anytime she wanted to sit in it.

They are definitely not just cats! Kitty Katty and Berkeley are such pretty babies!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:12 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times
Well I was right. I got home from the grocery store and there he stood in wait for me in the kitchen, groggy eyed, but waiting for me, none-the-less.

He is sitting here with me now at the computer. I am sure he is counting down the minutes. He eats in 49 minutes and he knows it.

I have received my head butts. =)

Karen he is such a pretty kitty! I hope more people will add pictures to the thread. All of my pictures are cell pics and they come out ok, except for him being so devastatingly handsome in his all black suit.....

heehee

Thanks for the posts every one and yes, I agree with you all and your welcome and thank you! I know I am a dork. lol

Luzianne, I know I told you before, but I am so sorry for your loss of your Kato.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:32 PM

31,166 posts, read 57,302,589 times
At 4 a.m. when my two cats started fighting on the bed (!), I thought they were the worst cats in the world.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 PM

6,724 posts, read 11,744,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
At 4 a.m. when my two cats started fighting on the bed (!), I thought they were the worst cats in the world.
lol, this is why only ONE of mine sleeps with me, and she is very calm after "lights out"!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:40 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,613,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Well I was right. I got home from the grocery store and there he stood in wait for me in the kitchen, groggy eyed, but waiting for me, none-the-less.

He is sitting here with me now at the computer. I am sure he is counting down the minutes. He eats in 49 minutes and he knows it.

I have received my head butts. =)

Karen he is such a pretty kitty! I hope more people will add pictures to the thread. All of my pictures are cell pics and they come out ok, except for him being so devastatingly handsome in his all black suit.....

heehee

Thanks for the posts every one and yes, I agree with you all and your welcome and thank you! I know I am a dork. lol

Luzianne, I know I told you before, but I am so sorry for your loss of your Kato.
Thank you, Pikantari. I appreciate your and everyone else's kindness.

Head butts are the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or