Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,215,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Love that picture! They look so sweet together.

I must say ... That was fast! Thank heaven.

They are both very sweet kitties. KK is not all the way with him, but he is getting there...... They both were with me in the kitchen earlier waiting on food together..... KK is teaching him well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 PM

41,695 posts, read 74,634,436 times
Many an enemy has been turned into a friend over a good meal, LOL -- or in this case, a good can of chicken with gravy.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,395,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I will say it again, I couldn't have done it had I not been watching Jackson Galaxy!
He's the Cat From Hell dude, right? I think he's terrific...

Old 06-28-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
He's the Cat From Hell dude, right? I think he's terrific...
Yep. I started the little kitty Charlie out in the guest bedroom and let Kitty Katty be his normal kitty self, and then we would feed the kitties at either side of the door. KK knew there was something going on right away and he kept looking at the door and was not ecstatic.

After 2 days I had a baby gate and was feeding them on either side so that they could see one another and KK was hissing at little Charlie a bit so we moved his dish back some.

I let KK go in the guest bedroom several times and check everything out and sniff around. He got on his perch and took a nap. I had Charlie in a different area at that time.

I also brushed Charlie with a soft brush and then brushed KK with the same brush so Charlies scent would get on KK.

We started letting Charlie come out into the living room and in the beginning, KK would just run into the basement. Now they seem to be doing pretty well.

They eat pretty close to one another and more often than not, Charlie tries to steal KKs food....

KK is such a good kitty. I didn't know if this would work given the fact that he is not much at all on other cats.

Something drew me to little Charlie and while I think he may be a special needs kitty, he sure does give it his all.

I've been doing some reading on the dx I think he may have and it seems that kitties like him get put to sleep more often than not, and I just can't see why. =(

It will take a little more time til they are best buds, but I feel they are doing really well. For KK to lay next to him and give him a few sniffs and then go to sleep was huge. I put the kitty on the bed a couple feet away and just moved him closer over the course of a few minutes and KK was fine.

Charlie does know his boundaries....sometimes. He can tell when KK doesn't want him right near him and for the most part, behaves accordingly. They were chasing one another last night and that was really funny to see.

Also, if KK doesn't see him for a while, he goes looking for him. Last night I was putting fresh food and water and changing out the litter in the guest bedroom for Charlie and KK was in there helping me. I still keep Charlie in there at night and at times during the day.

For the first time, KK decided to eat some of Charlies food. I guess thats ok given all the time Charlie has taken his food,,,,,,

Old 06-28-2013, 07:17 AM

"Oh I am gonna go sit by Kitty Katty!"

"Hey Big Brother!!! Can I do neighborhood watch with you?!?!?"

Old 06-28-2013, 07:19 AM

I think they are gonna do well together... =)

In watching some videos of ch cats and doing some reading, I do think Charlie has it, but I think it is a mild case. Kitty Katty just thinks he is a goofy butt when he falls. =)

Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 AM

11,183 posts, read 19,333,622 times
Congratulations to you and Kitty Katty on your new family member! Congratulations to Charlie on his new family and finding a great forever home!

Old 06-28-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Congratulations to you and Kitty Katty on your new family member! Congratulations to Charlie on his new family and finding a great forever home!
Thank you very much!!! =) I think we will be going shopping this weekend for more kitty stuff! I have only completed a spay/neuter agreement. He isn't 'adopted' yet. It was a trial period, but it seems as though KK will be doing fine with little Charlie around.

Taking Charlie to the vet tomorrow. I found out he is 12 weeks, not 10. Well, about 12 1/2 now.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:20 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,339,298 times
Looks like Charlie admires his big brother! And I'm sure Kitty Katty likes that.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Looks like Charlie admires his big brother! And I'm sure Kitty Katty likes that.
He really does. He always wants to be right with him.. He has gotten smacked twice that I know of. He likes to play with KKs tail and KK gives him about three warnings and then he gets smacked. Charlie keeps doing it...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats