Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 03:42 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,154,449 times

Advertisements

How do you entertain your kitty? My 4 year old male kitty needs lots of attention and the female kitty prefers not to play with him that often. He likes "da Bird" and the laser beam toy. His favorite thing is being walked outside on leash so he can explore but we need new ideas for this fellow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 03:51 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
I bought some "cat shelves" on eBay that my cat loves. They are relatively cheap and easy to install. Just search for cat shelves on eBay.

My cat is also high energy (Bengal) so I bought her a cat wheel too and she runs probably 20 miles per day on it. Pricey but worth every penny. Cat Wheel Company

Old 09-18-2014, 06:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
I make mine entertain me.............that is how they earn their keep.

Don

Old 09-18-2014, 06:56 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,991,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I bought some "cat shelves" on eBay that my cat loves. They are relatively cheap and easy to install. Just search for cat shelves on eBay.
We installed decorative shelves for them, they used them a few times and that was it. Now I use them to display nicknacks. They'd rather hang out on their several large cat-condos.

Quote:
My cat is also high energy (Bengal) so I bought her a cat wheel too and she runs probably 20 miles per day on it. Pricey but worth every penny. Cat Wheel Company
Ouch! Over $500. My cats go careening through the house like maniacs every few days. After about 10 minutes of that they're ready for a nap. I don't think mine would use one of these wheels.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:05 PM

41,956 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Set up some bird feeders outside a window, with a large sill for the kitty to lounge. Keep the feeders filled with seed to attract a variety of birds. My cats get a kick out of cardinals and chickadees, so I keep sunflower seed in one feeder, and thistle seed in another to attract goldfinches and red finches.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:49 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,851,244 times
Have you considered perhaps building an outdoor enclosure? If you have someone handy in your family they can probably make a DIY version pretty cheap. You can even make it accessible through a window so the cats can come and go. Just make sure it's sturdy and not accessible to predators (including of the two legged variety)

My cat's favorite toy is a simple plastic 'jingle' ball broken in half. With the round side up it slides great across the floor, and with the round side down it can be flipped around or picked up and carried. He'll run himself ragged chasing it.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:57 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Any small sealable container that bounces, like a film can, plastic Easter egg, etc., with a couple of dry beans inside makes a great soccer ball for cats.

Take any long stick with a string tied to one end, fishing-pole-fashion, to whip across the room for your cat to chase. Add a toy to the business end of the string if you want.

The cellophane off a pack of cigarettes, crumpled up, is another great cat toy.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:09 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,924,021 times
Do you have a cat tree? Ours love it, and if you can put it near a window or patio door, even better.

Rotate toys every few days. Put some away and they become "new" when you bring them out again. Include some boxes and paper bags in the rotation.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Snickers likes to be entertained in the shower. Since my windows are small and high, he can't get in them by himself, so his new pastime is drinking out of the shower drain. I now have to literally kick him out of the shower so I can use it, because he's in there all the time. That includes waking me up at 2am to run water in the shower for him. It's getting old.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:33 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Charlie loves to play fetch. She has a little soft toy (a little chick called Tipu) that I throw for her, she chases after and brings it back for me to throw again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats