Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times

Advertisements

Our girls are all over my husband when he gets home from being gone for even a few hours let alone weeks at a time, even our other girl who died several years ago and she pretty much hated most of society but she loved him from the moment she met him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 07:02 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
Whenever my mother left her cat for a few days to visit us (she always had a nice neighbor come feed her) she would return to find a litter encrusted cat poopie on her pillow! Angry cat had to poop in the box then pick it up in her mouth to deposit it on the pillow. This happened 3 times till Mother decided she just couldn't leave her over night anymore!

Who said cats aren't smart?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Whenever my mother left her cat for a few days to visit us (she always had a nice neighbor come feed her) she would return to find a litter encrusted cat poopie on her pillow! Angry cat had to poop in the box then pick it up in her mouth to deposit it on the pillow. This happened 3 times till Mother decided she just couldn't leave her over night anymore!

Who said cats aren't smart?
I know that probably wasn't very funny at the time, but couldn't help but laugh. Cats definitely know how to get their point across.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 AM

41,947 posts, read 75,144,160 times
It's still funny, even though it may not be an accurate depiction of events.

My cats run and hide the minute they hear someone walking on the porch or a key in the door. When I've been gone for a few days, it takes about a half hour of my voice alone and no one else's to convince them that it really is me and only me that's come in the house, and then they re-emerge.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:31 AM

122 posts, read 337,401 times
I can see my cat's pink maw long before I can hear him welcoming me back. Maybe I need to post a video?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:21 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Lol!

Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 AM

846 posts, read 1,399,997 times
I don't get it honestly. My 2 cats are waiting at the door for us to come home.... meowing.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:22 PM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
If I've been out a whole day and come home mine are anxious to see me and swirl all around me BUT if I go on a long trip (like just recently) they don't come running like they usually would. They usually just sit or sometimes circle FAR around me and almost look at me in disgust. I don't blame them...I feel awful having to leave them but having a parent with dementia and having to take cross country trips frequently now to help provide care I have no choice. My husband LOVES it though because they get even more attached to him and he loves to show me just how much they adore him!

Funny story though...the first time I went away after I found them I asked my hubby to do a face time with me and the kittens because I missed them so much The oldest kitten (who thinks he is Mom) got so freaked out over the face time that when when of the younger ones went up to my image and voice he immediately grabbed the young kitten by the scruff and dragged him out of the room to where the others were hiding!!! We still do face time so I can see my babies when I am away I just don't freak them out anymore by talking to them.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:52 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,221,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubconsciousMe View Post
I don't get it honestly. My 2 cats are waiting at the door for us to come home.... meowing.
Mine too (although I have one). I was always a dog person but when I went to the shelter 6 years
ago - there he was. He can hear us coming home and waits at the door. He gives us cat kisses
(little licks), comes immediately when I call him & brings his toys when he wants to play.
The shelter said he was an indoor/outdoor cat but I keep him indoors or watch him when he's on
the patio. Having worked at a shelter years ago, it was very sad to see how many outdoor cats
got sick, were poisoned or killed by a vehicle.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Had a huge old black tom cat...he would disappear for a couple of weeks at a time- then he was gone for well over a year- Finally he shows up and expects his bowl to be filled...he eats and goes to sleep like he left yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats