Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 AM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times
That would be a surprise for sure!

One time my mom and I went on a late fall vacation to Catalina Island and we stayed at the Zane Grey Pueblo hotel, high up on the bluffs above Avalon. It was very cool at night and I liked sleeping with the window above my bed open. I woke up one morning to discover two cats sleeping in the bed with me.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:23 PM

258 posts, read 421,892 times
haha... that reminds me of the time I woke up to a RUCKUS in my old house. It would seem the front door hadn't latched properly,and one ofthe feral cats got into the house overnight and was having a bit of a disagreement with our cats. Except for Splenda, since she had been from the same feral colony they were buddies. I always was scared one of ur cats would get out... never in a million years thought I'd wake up one day with an EXTRA one instead! LOL

~Katy

Old 08-08-2013, 01:48 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Decades ago, I left my patio door open at my new place to let the cat go in and out.

I woke up in the middle of the night to find my big burly cat standing next to the bed, with a pretty little girl kitty next to him. I blinked a couple times and he looked like, "Oh her? Umm . . . she followed me home."

My little boy kitty was a being such a dog.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:49 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
That would be a surprise for sure!

One time my mom and I went on a late fall vacation to Catalina Island and we stayed at the Zane Grey Pueblo hotel, high up on the bluffs above Avalon. It was very cool at night and I liked sleeping with the window above my bed open. I woke up one morning to discover two cats sleeping in the bed with me.
Makes me want to stay at the Zane Grey Pueblo!

Old 08-08-2013, 03:46 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
My Mom allowed an opposum to take up residence under her trailer and come and go freely through a hole in the floor because it was, "friends with her cats."

What...the...actual...*bad word*...

I could not talk her out of this. I could not get it through to her what an awful idea this is. You know, what with opossum being possibly THE most heavily parasite infested wild creature native to North America and all...

(This was before she moved to Arkansas and her current situation and her current cat. But do ya see why I say that side of the family is...well...a bit off?)

Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,396 times
I love these stories!

There used to be a huge grey tuxedo cat in my neighborhood. I'm not sure who he belonged to, but he managed to sneak in to my house more than a few times. Occasionally I'd walk into the bedroom and find him napping on my bed, or curled up on the cat tree. My own cats were perplexed by this.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:54 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,237,622 times
SonicSpork, my friend did exactly the same thing! Wow!! He'd feed the opossum until it got too fat to fit through the hole in the floor. How funny! I really thought he was the only person in the world who'd be crazy enough to allow a wild opossum to live in their house, guess I was wrong, LOL

Old 08-11-2013, 03:38 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
That happened to my daughter while she was in college. She had an indoor cat and her friend who lived in the house behind her had an indoor/outdoor cat and they had play dates. Well the indoor/outdoor cat wanted IN to play with her friend one day and discovered an open bathroom skylight on the roof, crawled through, her weight forced the cheap screen to drop down, but her plans were thwarted by a closed bathroom door. My D found her curled up in the sink when she got home. AND SHE DID THIS TWICE!

That crazy cat is now mine, and she is still a bit crazy.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
My Mom allowed an opposum to take up residence under her trailer and come and go freely through a hole in the floor because it was, "friends with her cats."

What...the...actual...*bad word*...

I could not talk her out of this. I could not get it through to her what an awful idea this is. You know, what with opossum being possibly THE most heavily parasite infested wild creature native to North America and all...

(This was before she moved to Arkansas and her current situation and her current cat. But do ya see why I say that side of the family is...well...a bit off?)
On the one hand, I see your point, parasites and all, but on the other hand, what a sweet, loving mama you must have.

I have too much respect for wild animals to try to tame them. It's a big step down for them I think.

As for cats, I have never had one appear in my house. I cannot imagine what a major ruckus it would cause. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats