Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 08:25 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Good thing for that fang, otherwise it would soon be difficult for the casual viewer to tell who's who!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Good thing for that fang, otherwise it would soon be difficult for the casual viewer to tell who's who!
I guess you're right about that. Of course the kitty parents can tell. KK has a wide face and Charlies is narrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Kitty Katty and Charlie-030.jpg  

Old 09-17-2013, 03:49 PM

I am thinking of just adding to this thread as time goes by. I am in school now and time is going by.

Charlie has his neuter surgery next Friday and I think it was Parallel who gave me advice on the type of anesthesia not to use on Kitty Katty. When I used whatever type they used, they had to give KK almost a double dose and it took him days to recover from the anesthesia. It def made me want to never have him go for a dental cleaning!

Any suggestions?

Here they are just a little bit ago looking at the back yard goings ons....

I am also happy to say that all of Charlies siblings have been adopted! =)
Attached Thumbnails
Kitty Katty and Charlie-20130917_172534.jpg  

Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Can't offer any suggestions on anesthesia, and didn't know there were options. Would like more info also. Hope everything goes ok with Charlie's surgery, and I'm sure it will.
Very cute pic of them BTW.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Can't offer any suggestions on anesthesia, and didn't know there were options. Would like more info also. Hope everything goes ok with Charlie's surgery, and I'm sure it will.
Very cute pic of them BTW.
I can't remember if I was in a dm or a thread when she told me about it. At any rate, it did not put Kitty Katty out, and they had to dose him with either more of the same or something else, and I would have to say he was overdosed.

It took him several days to come out of it and be himself. I called probably the next day and they told me he should have been acting his normal chart and they checked his chart and told me he had to be given and additional dose. He must have been given too much.

I know cats need dental cleanings but it really scared me.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:58 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I can't remember if I was in a dm or a thread when she told me about it. At any rate, it did not put Kitty Katty out, and they had to dose him with either more of the same or something else, and I would have to say he was overdosed.

It took him several days to come out of it and be himself. I called probably the next day and they told me he should have been acting his normal chart and they checked his chart and told me he had to be given and additional dose. He must have been given too much.

I know cats need dental cleanings but it really scared me.
Would have scared me too. I've always heard that anesthesia on a cat can be tricky, so maybe it's true. A few years back one of my ladycats had a lesion in her mouth that had to be remove with laser surgery. The vet did the procedure sometime during the morning, and I picked her up about 5:00 pm the same day. She was awake, but very wobbly and unsteady on her feet. By 10:00 that night she was getting around a little better and tried to eat a little (she couldn't), but was still a bit wobbly. By noon the next day she was pretty much back to normal and able to eat & drink a little. So it took 18 to 24 hours for the anesthesia to wear off completely (a bit longer than I expected).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats