Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 01:00 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times

Advertisements

I order Revolution from CanadaVet, and it also comes from overseas. It takes 10 days to two weeks, to arrive, and it comes from either Australia or Singapore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 06:55 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I order Revolution from CanadaVet, and it also comes from overseas. It takes 10 days to two weeks, to arrive, and it comes from either Australia or Singapore.
Yep, same with my orders.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:55 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
I hate to keep repeating this mantra, but I question whether tampering with ferals is really a good idea. Of course, I have disagreed with the neutering programs because I would like to see more ferals, not less. But, I live by the law of unintended consequences. If I don't know what is the consequence of medicating feral cats I assume something will result that I won't like. Is this a product on my ruthless belief in natural selection? No, not really. It is my belief that the cats have a higher power too and that they are where they are for a reason. I love the deer too but I am not checking them for ticks and sprinkling stuff on their salt lick.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,818 times
Default Flea problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyNC View Post
Has anyone had success in treating a feral cat for a severe flea allergy and probable ear mite infestation? Do the products sprinkled on wet food help rid the cat of fleas? Is there a product which is safe for cats that will kill ear mites as well as fleas that can be sprinkled on food? I am attempting to trap him to take to vet for exam, neutering, immunizations and treatment for any parasites but until I can accomplish this, is there anything that can eliminate the flea and ear mite problems for this feral cat who will not let me touch him but comes regularly for food? I would appreciate knowing what has worked for others.
there is a flea treatment that was used in the 80's it;s still avaliable, it's called "program" it's put in the cats food. it's lufenuron, can also be in tablet form. I used to give it to my cat all the time, the one side effect is that the base of her tail lost it's fur. It did get rid of her fleas though

Old 05-03-2016, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,342 times
Smile Pet Meds Online Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Yep, so do I. Good service from this vendor, and so far the Revolution is working very well. Had to switch from Frontline Plus back last fall, because it just stopped working.
FYI- I had already found this source for Revolution, but just for laughs I went to my local vet to see what they would charge. They wanted $153.00 for a 6 pack, which is more than double the online price for the same product. I politely declined.
I found this online store in Australia that allows you to purchase many pet products that require a prescription here in the U.S. and for about half the cost. Please feel free to check it out, I have ordered several times and had no problems. Here is the link to the store and specifically Revolution..

Revolution for cats and kittens : Pets Megastore discount medical supplies for pets

Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffj53 View Post
I found this online store in Australia that allows you to purchase many pet products that require a prescription here in the U.S. and for about half the cost. Please feel free to check it out, I have ordered several times and had no problems. Here is the link to the store and specifically Revolution..

Revolution for cats and kittens : Pets Megastore discount medical supplies for pets
Thank you very much for that link. Took a look and they are even cheaper than where I'm currently getting it. Looks like I can save about $20-$25. I'll give them a shot next time. Very much appreciate the tip.

And welcome to the cat forum, btw.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I hate to keep repeating this mantra, but I question whether tampering with ferals is really a good idea. Of course, I have disagreed with the neutering programs because I would like to see more ferals, not less. But, I live by the law of unintended consequences. If I don't know what is the consequence of medicating feral cats I assume something will result that I won't like. Is this a product on my ruthless belief in natural selection? No, not really. It is my belief that the cats have a higher power too and that they are where they are for a reason. I love the deer too but I am not checking them for ticks and sprinkling stuff on their salt lick.
They are where they are because of humans not caring and abandoning them ... so anyone that is a true animal lover should do all they can to make sure they are at least loved and cared for. I now have 3 feral cats that I adopted from a shelter. They are are siblings so they get along with one another just great. They have been in my home for about 3 months and I have been amazed at the progress we have made. When I first brought them home they would not even come out of their carriers for 2 days. Slowly but surely they found a safe place to hide and would come out only to eat or use the litter box and only when I was not around. Now they come out when I am around and sit on the floor close to me and are very relaxed. 2 have now meowed and the other still chirps to communicate with his siblings. They even play with each other in the open now. When I move I just have to make sure I move slowly and I can now walk by them without them running. I give them treats by shaking the container and they come running... then sit on the floor and line a few up so they have to keep coming closer with each one. That has proven to be the best way to get close to them and I am amazed just how far they have come in such a short time. Since I live alone they only have to learn to trust one person and that is an definite advantage I am sure. They are still wary of my every move but I get within inches now. All I know is that they are going to be great pets and all the time and effort to earn their trust is going to make it worth it all....

Old 08-14-2016, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 1,969 times
Default Capstar + Program

I found generic Capstar & Program to be extremely effective. You can get them online at Amazon or Ebay or FleaKiller.com I put the pill in human tuna & the kitties eat it up. I even give it to my two indoor cats since they can't stand the topicals

Old 08-18-2016, 03:33 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffj53 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
They are where they are because of humans not caring and abandoning them ... so anyone that is a true animal lover should do all they can to make sure they are at least loved and cared for. I now have 3 feral cats that I adopted from a shelter. They are are siblings so they get along with one another just great. They have been in my home for about 3 months and I have been amazed at the progress we have made. When I first brought them home they would not even come out of their carriers for 2 days. Slowly but surely they found a safe place to hide and would come out only to eat or use the litter box and only when I was not around. Now they come out when I am around and sit on the floor close to me and are very relaxed. 2 have now meowed and the other still chirps to communicate with his siblings. They even play with each other in the open now. When I move I just have to make sure I move slowly and I can now walk by them without them running. I give them treats by shaking the container and they come running... then sit on the floor and line a few up so they have to keep coming closer with each one. That has proven to be the best way to get close to them and I am amazed just how far they have come in such a short time. Since I live alone they only have to learn to trust one person and that is an definite advantage I am sure. They are still wary of my every move but I get within inches now. All I know is that they are going to be great pets and all the time and effort to earn their trust is going to make it worth it all....
There are people who are taking strays (and sometimes ferals), and wanting to turn them into indoors-only pillow cushions in forever homes.

Cats need outdoors exposure. People who want to get involved with them need to make that extra effort.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:19 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
There are people who are taking strays (and sometimes ferals), and wanting to turn them into indoors-only pillow cushions in forever homes.

Cats need outdoors exposure. People who want to get involved with them need to make that extra effort.
My 9 (previously feral) cats love my home that is filled with numerous cat trees, perches, toys, love and never ending food and water (and medical care when it is needed).

Four of them also have Cerebellar Hypoplasia and would have never made it living outdoors in the colony. All of them had URI's that required treatment (or they could have possibly died). In fact NONE of their healthier siblings in the colony are even still alive :-(

So hmmm......feral outdoor with lack of water, food, exposed to disease, ticks/fleas, tom cats, fights etc is better than an indoor home that provides everything they need??? I have to STRONGLY disagree with you. However for those that cannot take in ferals and want to still help them I am a strong advocate for being a colony caretaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats