Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 03:11 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times

Advertisements

My cats have been happy with fancy feast wet food, the pate kind. I do also have Blue Buffalo dry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 640 times
First my16 year old cat vomited nd had involuntary stool. Waited fed again and had like cramping and involuntary stool.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol shell View Post
First my16 year old cat vomited nd had involuntary stool. Waited fed again and had like cramping and involuntary stool.
What did the vet say?

Old 02-28-2018, 03:34 PM

12 posts, read 46,932 times
I am happy to see I am not the only one who is having the same problem with the Friskies canned food. I've had no less than 10 cats in my house for 14 years and have always fed them Friskies canned food. For a long time I only bought 2 falvors, both shreds. Some cats would have a finicky day, but for the most part they have always cleaned the plates. They started snubbing those 2 flavors about 7 years ago, so I started trying all of the different flavors and consistencies, and for years they seemed to like most of them. In the last 4 or 5 months, as mentioned by others, they won't touch it, and the food does actually smell on edge of putrid. I would try leaving the untouched food down overnight to give them the chance to finish it, but within a few hours the terrible aroma of the food would fill the house and I'd have to put it in the garbage disposal. I admit, I have never looked into the wet pet food process, and I'm greatly concerned about the standards. From what I recently learned about some pet food makers using euthanized animals, the standards for pet food are VERY loose, as in barely existent. In no way am I saying Friskies uses euthanized animals, but they may be using meat way past it's expiration.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:44 PM

Pretty serious accusation. Do you have sources for that claim of using euthanized animals?

Old 02-28-2018, 07:00 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Pretty serious accusation. Do you have sources for that claim of using euthanized animals?
It's quite common knowledge actually, and has been for many years.

And recently, Evangers and a number of other brands have been "caught red handed" with pet foods testing positive for pentobarbital - the "euthanasia drug".

Search Results for “pentobarbital” – Truth about Pet Food

Old 02-28-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
It's quite common knowledge actually, and has been for many years.

And recently, Evangers and a number of other brands have been "caught red handed" with pet foods testing positive for pentobarbital - the "euthanasia drug".

Search Results for “pentobarbital” – Truth about Pet Food
So what would you suggest people buy for pet food? Specific brands? Raw meat?

Old 03-01-2018, 04:02 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,576,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
So what would you suggest people buy for pet food? Specific brands? Raw meat?
My cats are raw fed. I can't recommend brands but if feeding commercially processed foods, feed wet only and learn to read labels. Trust no brand, feed a variety of brands to lessen the impact of recalls on your cat, avoid fish. Avoid carrageenan and agar-agar, corn, wheat, other grains.

No dry.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 475 times
Question Fancy Feast Chicken Florentine

My four cats only eat fancy feast chicken Florentine and in the last two weeks not one wants it. It was the gravy they adored and now I’m watching my poor cats shy away from it and to tell you the truth, the gravy sits on it differently and the meat is cut smaller. Wtf is going on??!! My poor cats want their old recipe!!

Old 07-13-2018, 11:23 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyduir View Post
My four cats only eat fancy feast chicken Florentine and in the last two weeks not one wants it. It was the gravy they adored and now I’m watching my poor cats shy away from it and to tell you the truth, the gravy sits on it differently and the meat is cut smaller. Wtf is going on??!! My poor cats want their old recipe!!
Maybe you could call customer service and complain. Feedback - I believe is good otherwise how will they know that they have messed up the recipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats