Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 08:05 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,348,474 times

Advertisements

I'm so very sorry. It's shocking, but sometimes even cancer can sneak up very suddenly and catch you almost unaware. I know how very hard that is. RIP Jack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 08:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,548,056 times
Many thanks to all of you for your kind words and expression. It was certainly a very long night for me and hubby. This morning when I was making hubby's lunch and getting breakfast ready for the kids - I found my eyes straining into the living room looking for Jack's tail. He always walked circles around the living room and dining room and I could see his little tail held high and weaving in between the spaces in the furniture. Today was the first day I won't be able to see that sight again - I know in my heart that I made the right decision for him - but I just hate the emptiness left behind when a huge chunk of your heart is ripped out. I will make myself get it together later today and go to the vet's office to take care of his bill and make his final arrangements.
Luckily for me, I never let one day go by without holding onto and loving each of our cats. Most of them had a really bad start in life and are alive today only because either myself or my husband (we didn't even know each other existed back then) saw a little creature in need - and could not resist extending a loving hand and heart to them. In return, the love and devotion we get from them truly does make it all worthwhile. I had nine wonderful loving years with my Jackster - he knew my Dad, and he has been there to greet some of the newer members of our family. He has seen me through some really hard times, and some really wonderful ones. I am happy and proud to have loved him and to have been owned by him. Each of us here on this forum - all of you and myself - understand how hard it is to say good-bye and I think we all know that we can come here and just grieve and emote - without judgement and yet with total understanding and kindness. This is probably something all of will deal with at some point in time - and I just need for you all to know how much your words, thoughts, and prayers mean to me. Hug your kids today.....and every day!!

Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 AM

303 posts, read 536,946 times
I am so truly sorry for your loss of Jack. He was a beautiful furbaby and so lucky to have such loving parents. I'm sure he had a fabulous 9 years with his siblings and with you. Nothing will make the hurt go away but we all are sending loving furry hugs your way today. <3

Old 09-25-2013, 01:18 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,018,518 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I could take away the sadness. Jack was blessed to have you in his life.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:23 PM

451 posts, read 766,826 times
I'm so sorry about Jack. He sounds like a very sweet boy. I hope you find comfort in all your good memories of him.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:01 PM

758 posts, read 1,631,510 times
I'm so sorry for your lost. RIP Jack. :'(

Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,802,123 times
I'm sorry

Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,540,727 times
I am so saddened to hear of Jack. I will offer my prayers & May God Bless you, as Jack awaits you at Rainbow Bridge. These threads literally wipe me out for hours afterwards. I absolutely feel all too much the pain of losing a furry friend. It is only my faith that keeps me able to read these & try to make sense of it all. If I didn't think there was a reason this happens, I'd surely never post again.

Sorry to segway but it just really impacts me so much so, that I'm shaking my head as I try to reconcile this over & over. I certainly hope you realize he was YOUR baby & he WILL be awaiting your arrival in the afterlife. If not for this idea/belief, I'd checkout today myself.

May God comfort you & Jack in his new world.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 AM

11,197 posts, read 19,364,859 times
I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Jack. What a brave and loving gift you gave him, to let him go before he felt any worse.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:54 AM

2,092 posts, read 2,980,118 times
So sorry about Jack. ((hugs))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats