Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2013, 10:16 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times

Advertisements

For those of us who really go through cat withdrawal when we are away from home.

Cafe Des Chats, Paris' Newest Cat Cafe, Offers 'Purr Therapy'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 PM

60 posts, read 134,070 times
I had been 'cat deprived' for a few years, we were in a bad economical situation, I went through a very long period of depression, and having a cat was just out of the question, and often I would see the neighbors' cat sitting by the window and I would feel like knocking on their door and ask them to let me pet their kitty for a while...lol (but of course I didn't!!)

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, but my real weakness always has been cats! I grew up being consoled by my outdoor cat. When my mother would beat me up, I would go outside, sit on the grass and my kitty would purr my blues away, I'll never forget that...my cat's name was Sussudio..yes the Phil Collins song...she died a few months after I got married and left the house

I'll never forget you Sussudio..

Old 09-28-2013, 07:55 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Haha, I had my own version of the cat cafe tonight. I was tired after working till 8:30 and got some Taco Bell and ate at the coffee table with my favorite beer. All 3 of our cats were sitting on the table watching me eat, and I kept telling them they really wouldn't like what I had, but they didn't seem to agree.

Just seeing them there made me laugh, which is something cats seem to be very good at..........making us happy.

Don

Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Haha, I had my own version of the cat cafe tonight. I was tired after working till 8:30 and got some Taco Bell and ate at the coffee table with my favorite beer. All 3 of our cats were sitting on the table watching me eat, and I kept telling them they really wouldn't like what I had, but they didn't seem to agree.

Just seeing them there made me laugh, which is something cats seem to be very good at..........making us happy.

Don
I'm usually surrounded when I eat too. It's like they want to make sure I clean my plate or something. I usually give them a very small bite of whatever meat I'm having, but I make them wait till I'm done eating first. I guess that explains why I'm so popular at mealtime. You wouldn't believe what I go through to make a tuna sandwich (which isn't very often).

Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Don't even talk about tuna ! Anytime they hear the electric can opener going they think it me opening a can of tuna. When I do make tuna I have to put down two saucers with a little bit of tuna on it for Lucky and Daisy. Chewy doesn't like it so he walks away, he only knows dry food.

When I am making something like chili and opening lots of cans of tomatoes and beans I have to explain to them that it isn't what they think it is. They get disappointed looks on their faces as if I am lying to them and cheating them out of their tuna.

Even my kids weren't as spoiled as these 3 are.

Don

Old 09-29-2013, 06:53 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonevalley View Post
I had been 'cat deprived' for a few years, we were in a bad economical situation, I went through a very long period of depression, and having a cat was just out of the question, and often I would see the neighbors' cat sitting by the window and I would feel like knocking on their door and ask them to let me pet their kitty for a while...lol (but of course I didn't!!)

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, but my real weakness always has been cats! I grew up being consoled by my outdoor cat. When my mother would beat me up, I would go outside, sit on the grass and my kitty would purr my blues away, I'll never forget that...my cat's name was Sussudio..yes the Phil Collins song...she died a few months after I got married and left the house

I'll never forget you Sussudio..
I bet that your neighbors would have let you borrow for their cat for a few hours.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:16 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
It's all well and good until one of them hacks up a hairball on the table.

Then...not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats