Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:49 PM

369 posts, read 759,513 times

Advertisements

Not directly but sometimes around 8 or 9 at night I'll find them both sitting on my bed. The only other time they do that is when I get in bed. So it's like they're ready for bed and waiting for me to join them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 06:01 PM

1,758 posts, read 3,833,049 times
One of mine, the gray Oriental, does that. He finds me and does a little song and dance routine. Then I have to get him a little snack of some kind, and then we go off to bed. If it's cool enough weather that I have blankets or comforter on the bed, he gives me at least 5-10 minutes of massaging and kneading, then settles down, like a person, on his half of the bed. LOL

Old 10-03-2013, 08:05 PM

25 posts, read 56,725 times
Zarre tells us at 9:30 by running thru the house for a minute or two and then whining at the top of the stairs for us. He sleeps on my side of the bed or by Mommy's head depending on how cold it is(my side is warmer). Until it's time for the four o'clock feeding.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Both of my cats, Tammy and Annie, are silent when they deem it to be time for me to go to bed. They stroll up to my chair and sit there staring at me. No noise. Just the stares. It usually works, too.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:16 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
loving all these stories and descriptions!

Great thread Orion2

Old 10-04-2013, 07:07 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Yup. If I'm up too late reading or watching tv my cat will harass me in may ways...trying to snuggle, licking me, biting my toes, you name it. If I stand up she RUNS to the bedroom. If I don't go into the bedroom she comes and finds me, then follows me until I settle down somewhere. It's amusing.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:09 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
My cat doesn't tell me to go to bed, she does tell me to shut up, though.

Not kidding. If she doesn't like what I'm saying, (tone for sure), she will start talking to me and, basically, tell me to shut the hell up.

I wish she just told me when to go to bed.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:28 AM

638 posts, read 992,611 times
No,he doesn't tell me when to go,but he sure does tell me when to get up!

Old 10-06-2013, 11:54 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,733 times
Three Wolves that's a first for me, LOL

Lover, they're good at that! I had one that would yell at me from the foot of the bed then race to the bathroom and as soon as I got there he'd run to the kitchen. They're so smart!

Old 11-10-2017, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 770 times
It 's really funny when Mani 'tells' me it's time to go to bed. He will come out of my bedroom and meow at me around bed time, then I get up and tell him, 'come on, lets go to bed' he will follow me in the bedroom, hop on the bed, meowing and purring. Then I forget something, he follows me back and forth to my room and the bathroom and then back to my room. Then once I am settled in bed, he will either seek to get under the covers and nestle by my legs or my body or he will expect me to go through our nightly routine of petting. He will stand on the side of my body on my hip, I will pet him from head to tail, then he will turn around and I do the same until I stop....he doesn't stop, I would be doing it all night if it were up to him. Another one he does is sit on my bed with me while I am getting ready, and he will stretch his paw either to my upper chest, my cheek, or even my lips or he will simply paw my arm and meow. Anyway, after that, he lays right in front of me between my movie and me and insists I pet him or scratch between his ears or around his face purring very strongly. Then, after about 2 minutes, he will bound off the bed, go out to the living room and howl 3 - 10 times, then he is quiet the rest of the night until I wake up.......then he is in my face again wanting to be petted.....Love my boy....Mani.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats