U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:17 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times

Advertisements

Jasper is funny. I mess with him and SO in the morning. Jasper constantly wants to be petted or scratched, so he puts his head under my hand. If I move my hand across SO's body, Jasper jumps over him, to find my hand, so, of course I move my hand to the other side of the bed, and Jasper has to run across SO again, to be petted. I do this several times, finding it extremely hilarious, I can mess with the cat and SO both at the same time!

SO thought he would teach me a lesson the other day, and moved his hand across me...Jasper ran over him, stepping hard on his personal parts...Bah Ha Ha...that was funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 02:44 AM

23 posts, read 23,411 times
Default Kitty

I have a very different schedule day to day. I try to wake up before 1:00 pm every day. Sometimes I wake up way later, often earlier. But it always varies day to day. Some nights my cat, Sagan sleeps next to my head. Always on my right which is side not between my husband and I. He never sleeps next to my husband, and always in the same spot next to me when he does decide to sleep there. Regardless of where he sleeps or what time I wake up he is always aware that I am up. If I'm just getting up to use the bathroom or get some water he doesn't bother waking up. The first thing I do when I wake up is brush my teeth. And as soon as I turn on the faucet Sagan is in the bathroom. He's rubbing my legs or mostly on the counter. He likes to meow and attempt to rub on me or have me rub him. He also will spend a good deal of time knocking around hair ties or knocking nail polish off the counter. If my husbands shirt happens to be on the floor he will sniff it and bit it and hold his mouth open for a second getting all the scents and then repeat. If there is a suitcase on the floor from recent travels he might just sit in it and roll around. As soon as I am finished brushing my teeth he knows I go down to make coffee. He runs ahead of me knowing he's gonna get his food first. Every time I wake no matter when he is aware and ready to interact. I love how he is polite and does not or has ever woken anyone up like every other cat I've owned at 5:00am every morning. He always has food in his bowls and water so no reason to wake us. And for the next few months he's indoor cat until we leave CO (coyotes and he's a little guy like a rabbit) he used to be both and will be again soon. So he doesn't have to go outside to use the bathroom he has 3 litter boxes to choose from. He still goes out but on a harness with a very long lead tied to a 5 gallon water jug. He just lounges in the sun. But even before that he didn't wake us up. But it wasn't until he had to be an indoor cat did he start joining me every time I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth, washing my face, showering, or using the bathroom.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:44 AM

4,251 posts, read 2,798,019 times
Most of the night I am fighting with Electra for my pillow. Most of the time, she wins. Josette is usually at my feet. If I wake up in the middle of night, I will toss & turn. She will come up and if I don't pet her, she will let out a "peep." "I'm here so you should pet me." Elvira sometimes sleeps at my feet, too. Sometimes she will come up in the early morning hours and curl up on my neck for a bit. She is usually gone by the time I wake up.

If I sleep late (beyond 9), sometimes my alarm clock named Electra will let me know and start screaming at me. This is especially true if the food dish is even slightly on the low side. Then we have what I refer to as "The Morning Parade." I head down the stairs with Electra pretty much right beside me or just behind me. The other two are usually not too far behind. Sometimes one of them will be in front. Some mornings it is just Electra & me in the "Morning Parade."

All three of them are on the kitchen table that we use only in the morning to read the paper. It over looks our bird feeder and it is as Jackson Galaxy calls "Cat T.V." But, it is really hard to read the paper when there is a cat walking right where I am trying to read. And then they start in on each other. "I want that spot." "No, I was here first." There is nothing like being the battlefield. Then Electra starts with her screaming that she wants her can. There is plenty of food in her dish but she wants the can and will let me know-LOUDLY!!! When I am done with the paper, then I give them can. Then we all go in opposite directions and go about our day.

Cat

Old 04-24-2016, 10:18 AM

11,407 posts, read 13,950,805 times
My cat will sometimes snuggle with us, at the foot of our bed. She will rise typically at 5:30 and head downstairs to play/exercise and use her litter box. We typically rise around 6:30-7:00 AM and she'll come up and greet us. Once we wash up, she'll follow us downstairs to wait for her "breakfast". We feed her first, before we eat.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:48 AM

11,694 posts, read 16,437,401 times
The coffee pot is the cat alarm. No coffee - no cat. This morning 15 pounds on four steel footings landed on my unsuspecting self. It is Sunday was answers with cat speech for 'so what'. I am not a morning glory at 5:30 am but a diligent can opener. Of course Madame was in bed before I was back in it

Old 04-26-2016, 03:00 PM

3,846 posts, read 6,599,566 times
My cat jumps on and of the bed, I think she's hungry. I wash up in the bathroom, she rubs against my legs, jumps onto the sink, I start a stream of water for her to play with.
As Im dressing for work, she'll sit on the windowsill. When I go downstairs, she tears after me, meowing by her bowl. I kiss the top of her head and play with her, but it's clear she only wants breakfast, I fill her bowl then leave for work.
She starts the whole process over again with my bf. I think she's getting two breakfasts out of the deal.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:02 PM

3,299 posts, read 1,717,175 times
Girlfriend wakes up before dawn, gets up, feeds the cat then goes back to bed.

Cat waits for me to get up, then does a song & dance like she hasn't been fed yet. Guess what I do?

Old 04-27-2016, 11:56 PM

7,201 posts, read 11,323,049 times
All 5 of mine do about the same thing every day. They all come to the kitchen while the morning coffee is being made and pans scooped of their night deposits. None will wake me up unless I forgot to leave some grain-free kibble out before I went to bed. In that case sleep in not possible after about 5 AM.

Once we're all up, they will sit by the mat with the food bowls until I'm back from the toilet and scooping. Only one kitty keeps me company in the bathroom. He has to play with the water as I freshen up and wash my hands. He has to watch the bowl flush. He must give some head-butts from the counter to whatever part of my anatomy he can reach, usually my arms.

Then, as I enjoy my coffee while online, they all eat their canned and raw food, wash their faces and head for the litter pans. The same thing every day.... the litter pans are again scooped and the kitties spread out to start their day.

As for where they spend the night - it's all over the house. They do sleep through the night, usually at least one being on my bed, but all have several favorite night time sleep spots.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:47 AM

1,868 posts, read 1,039,463 times
My Chartreux likes her beauty sleep. She likes to sleep in in the morning and get's very annoyed when either hubby and I get up and disturb her.
If she went to sleep when we do instead of attacking my feet as I slept like they were some wild animal she captured, she might more be a little more awake in the morning.
When she's ready she'll mosey on down to the kitchen and annoy us until we feed her, and by then it's nap time again and back to bed for her.

My other inside cat is very easygoing. She just want's to be fed when we get up and then she'll lay on my keyboard so she can look out the window. She has to lay on the keyboard though. The window sill isn't good enough.

My feral cat 'Stinkeye' so named because she gives me dirty looks if I don't feed her right away will wait by my back door until shes fed. Then after she eats I have to sit there while she does what I call her 'silly kitty routine' where she chases leaves, and runs up and down the tree and rubs against the chair I'm sitting on, and then she's off to do whatever feral cats do during the day.

Then there's the duck... I have to feed him or he'll eat the ferals food. But that's okay because the feral will eat the ducks food too. They share..

and then there's the dog who wants to eat and go for a walk..

and then I get to have my morning coffee and sit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or