U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 01:29 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,144,875 times

Advertisements

This is mine: So after I wake up or finish staring at the ceiling from being up all night and being in an S or a C shape, due to the brat being under or over the covers, as soon as I put my feet on the ground, brat wakes up and runs to the bathroom where he jumps on the bathroom sink counter and tells me about his dreams or what he's going to do all day while I'm in the shower. While I'm doing my morning routine and giving him his morning beatings he'll just sit there and watch me. Then off downstairs we go as he knows every morning he'll get some of my turkey bacon. When he sees me grab my keys, off upstairs to sleep on my bed or on the balcony in the sunlight.

Anyone else have the same clockwork routine every morning??
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,526,733 times
Usually Charlie walks all over me or sits on my head. Either I feel it or I don't, lol. When I get out of bed I try not to trip on him or step on him because he is always under my feet. Sometimes it works. They have usually already eaten as SO feeds them at about 515 am. When I go to make my coffee they weave in and out of my legs in the hopes that I will think they were never fed and I will feed them a second time.

Once my SO leaves for work, I take over his recliner and usually Kitty Katty hops in with me and waits for Charlie to hop up. He knows Charlie will either bother him and KK will have to jump down, or he will behave and they can both lay on my lap at the same time......making me an official cat lady.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 PM

11,697 posts, read 16,450,382 times
Cha-Cha's internal clock tells her at 5:30 that starvation is about to happen. She will scratch the headboard next to me rapidly with her clawless front paws. Nails on a chalkboard! The can opener is up and operational - lead on! And she is off to the kitchen. Tail and spirits high. ShadowCat will sit at her feeding spot, quietly waiting for things to come because they will come so why get all worked up.
I may have made it to the bathroom when something furry tries to trip me on her way to the shower for fresh water. ShadowCat insists on the fact that running water is good but the best is to be had in the shower with sound effects her human will deny having produced if ever questioned. Have you ever tried to brush your teeth and a cat at the same time. Do not mix up the brushes. Not enough brushing will trigger a swat from her highness. By then Cha-Cha will scamper in to check out the commotion and add to it. A few hisses, a few spats and off to find the best place for the morning nap. Laid out clothes are preferred choices. No, make that dark laid out clothes:>)

Old 10-02-2013, 02:30 PM

15,577 posts, read 9,657,290 times
I keep my bedroom door closed but when the alarm goes off in the morning all 3 of ours lay up against my door, waiting for me to come out. When I open the door they are all meowing as if to tell me their dish is out of food (it never is, but they get panicky if it isn't completely full at all times )

Then when I go into the bathroom all 3 rush in before I close the door and bug me while I am trying to get ready for work. They get into a wrestling match and I have to be careful not to step on them while brushing my teeth or shaving. When they see me dressed and ready to leave they know it is time for their morning treats, so again I get mugged.

It is like Groundhog Day.........every morning is the same routine as the day before.

Don

Old 10-02-2013, 05:08 PM

4,626 posts, read 7,200,374 times
The neighborhood church rings its carillon at 7am. If I am not up and out of bed by 8, Lily gets into action.

First.. pounding on my head with her front feet. Then she'll lick my eyelids. That usually does the trick.
If not, she jumps on the chest of drawers and starts knocking things off. I'm done.. time to get up.

Out to the kitchen and over to the dining room door to let Charcoal out of his room. He murfts at me, gives me a head butt....then runs over to Lily and knocks her over.

Then they wrestle until I put breakfast down.

7 days a week.... same routine.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM

408 posts, read 304,202 times
We have two cats; I have a routine of sorts with the male (Bucky).

Firstly, we don't let the cats sleep with us. There are good reasons for it, but I don't care to go into them just now. Suffice it to say that there are plenty of kitty hidey-holes and nice sleeping spots all over the rest of the house.

So . . . I get up, open the door and walk downstairs. Almost every day, I get some water from the fridge, go directly to the couch and sit.

No matter where he is, when Bucky hears the door open, he runs to the couch and gets on the other arm (away from where I'm going to sit). He waits for me to approach, and when I pet his head, he speaks to me. I pet him for a few seconds, but he only speaks once.

Then I go sit down and Bucky goes back whereever he was before, doing whatever he was doing before I got up. He just wants his petties and to say 'howdy.' I think he does it to reassure himself that everything's okay, because he spent almost all of his first three years of life in a no-kill shelter and we're the only actual family he's ever had.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:44 PM

369 posts, read 560,567 times
Neptune wakes me up by pawing at my face. I attempt to fight him off and get more sleep until my alarm goes off. Then I get up and go out to the kitchen, both kitties follow. I open a can of food and while I'm separating it into two bowls Neptune jumps up on the counter and starts eating out of the nearest bowl. I put the other one on the floor for Toby. Then I eat my breakfast while the kitties eat theirs. Toby hangs out in the living room while I'm getting ready for work, Neptune divides the time following me, sitting in the living room, and going out on the balcony. When I'm ready to leave Toby has usually retreated to my closet (he spends the entire day in there, mostly sleeping) and Neptune is sitting by the door meowing, and I tell him I can't take him outside, I have to go to work now. Then as I leave, I tell him (and Toby too if he's still in the living room) bye and I love you.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:04 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,455,105 times
Jasper comes in, sometimes, greets us, and goes back to his bed. Sometimes he just keeps sleeping. He is definitely NOT an alarm cat clock!

Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,607,552 times
I usually wake up surrounded by fur friends. Orion is usually snuggled against my back, Joe's close but not touching on the other side and Judy, my GSD mix is on Joe's side of the bed. When I get up and go to the bathroom Scooter zooms in and begins to pat me with his paws, while I wash up he continues to pat and rub my legs. Then Orion and Scooter go with me to the kitchen to supervise making coffee and filling everyone's dish - Joe hangs out on the bed until the food is ready, he usually wants a ride.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 PM

11,672 posts, read 13,876,753 times
My cat follows me around all morning until I give her catnip. Her routine is tantamount to harassment.

Once she's high, she leaves me alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or