U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:11 PM

36,475 posts, read 43,582,608 times

Advertisements

We all know about velcro dogs- I've had 2 Bichons and they are the world's worst but velcro cats are possible too. Langley and Oscar have to be in a lap at all times, sit and watch us eat, bathe and even sit on the bath mat pawing at the shower door as if we have left them all alone. Going to the bathroom in private is impossible.

http://lovemeow.com/2013/11/i-cant-e...h-without-him/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 06:28 PM

8,417 posts, read 5,761,387 times
My 16 year old Stormy has always loved attention, but for the past couple of years or so he's really been clingy & demanding. When he's not eating, sleeping, or using the litter box, he wants to be in my lap. He's a very sweet & gentle old man and I give him as much lap time and petting as I can. He deserves it.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,860,741 times
My 12yo Skipper is my velcro cat. At least she's the worst one. I'm hanging off the side of my bed now trying to type this while she is pushing up against me. I can't sit, stoop, lie down or anything without her attached to me. Years ago she disappeared for 23 days in my woods. I thought she was a goner. One day she showed up and has stuck like glue ever since. I wont even start about Pacman. He's my under the cover cat.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:31 AM

29,041 posts, read 44,920,109 times
My mother recently took in a feral/stray, who she has now actually named "Velcro." So, I guess she knows what you're talking about!

As for my cats, the older two (Kona & Cyrus) are pretty independent... but the youngest one, Bindi, does like to be near me at almost all times. She particularly likes following me & the dog on our nightly walks, to the point where we've apparently become known around the neighborhood. I met one of my neighbors the other night, and he was like "oh, you're the girl who walks her dog AND cat! I was just telling my girlfriend about you." LOL

Old 11-13-2013, 04:50 AM

519 posts, read 734,135 times
Absolutely! He suffers from separation anxiety when I leave him and is VERY demanding and high maintenance.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My mother recently took in a feral/stray, who she has now actually named "Velcro." So, I guess she knows what you're talking about!

As for my cats, the older two (Kona & Cyrus) are pretty independent... but the youngest one, Bindi, does like to be near me at almost all times. She particularly likes following me & the dog on our nightly walks, to the point where we've apparently become known around the neighborhood. I met one of my neighbors the other night, and he was like "oh, you're the girl who walks her dog AND cat! I was just telling my girlfriend about you." LOL
My beloved Boyfriend Cat liked to go on walks with us too. The funny thing is he would start crying something awful about half way through our walk and somebody, either me or my then boyfriend, now husband , would have to pick him up and carry him on our shoulder all the rest of the way home. It really was quite comical and we knew what would happen . That's one of the reasons why I married the guy. I figured anybody kind enough to carry a cat on his shoulder for a walk every evening was a good catch.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:18 PM

519 posts, read 734,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
My beloved Boyfriend Cat liked to go on walks with us too. The funny thing is he would start crying something awful about half way through our walk and somebody, either me or my then boyfriend, now husband , would have to pick him up and carry him on our shoulder all the rest of the way home. It really was quite comical and we knew what would happen . That's one of the reasons why I married the guy. I figured anybody kind enough to carry a cat on his shoulder for a walk every evening was a good catch.
Awwww........How sweet! You're so right! That's a good man!

Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM

7,201 posts, read 11,846,209 times
No. None of ours are Velcro cats. I think having each other for company is the reason but don't know for sure.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:49 AM

funny demanding cat video

Demanding Cat!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 AM

1,122 posts, read 1,860,741 times
wow I thought I was watching a video of Pacman! Identical to him except Pacman is a smaller cat. But he does the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats