Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,807,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Mine have the covered version, but the two older cats tired of it very quickly. My youngest plays with it a little, not much. Did your cats ever have one of these nk? I'm just wondering if the one you showed worked better. The picture in the link isn't very good, but you can kind of see the holes in the top.

Amazon.com: Petmate Crazy Circle Interactive Cat Toy, Large: Pet Supplies
My cats have this one. We used to call it the "Circle of Invisibility" when out blind cat would just sit in the middle of the toy for hours. Now Deuxdad plays with it often.

We had one of the other ones with the scratch pad in the middle and one of the crew launched the ball out of the track and it was never seen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 08:46 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
We had the ball toy in that video and finally tossed it out because ours had no interest in it at all. But give them some milk rings and they go nuts.

Daisy doesn't wait to be given a toy, she digs into our kitchen stash of crackers and plastic dinnerware on top of the fridge and takes out stuff she likes to play with. I find things from that box all over the house when I get home.

Don

Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,090 times
Here's the exact one from the video, I think: Amazon.com: Bergan Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy

I'm going to be ordering from Amazon soon, so I think I'll get one of these. And I agree, no kudzu, about the "self-respecting cat" Had to laugh when I read that.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:22 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,440 times
Is that motorized? I've got something similar for Joe, I got it when he was a kitten and he still plays with it. Recently Orion began playing with it. If this version is motorized I'm sure the guys would be in heaven! I don't shop the cat toy aisles because they have so many and seem to prefer homemade like the cat in the photo, LOL

Scooter likes hair ties, not the big scruncies but the smaller fabric covered kind and Orion really likes to chase a scrap of paper, LOL Joe is the only one who enjoys 'real' cat toys and his remain in good shape even after multiple washings since he only carries them around and doesn't beat them with his back feet.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
We got one for our cat about a year ago, he watched me play with it, then walked away.

Yours looks as if the ball moves on its own, though. Maybe that would help...

Old 11-15-2013, 07:09 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,356,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2 View Post
Is that motorized? I've got something similar for Joe, I got it when he was a kitten and he still plays with it. Recently Orion began playing with it. If this version is motorized I'm sure the guys would be in heaven! I don't shop the cat toy aisles because they have so many and seem to prefer homemade like the cat in the photo, LOL

Scooter likes hair ties, not the big scruncies but the smaller fabric covered kind and Orion really likes to chase a scrap of paper, LOL Joe is the only one who enjoys 'real' cat toys and his remain in good shape even after multiple washings since he only carries them around and doesn't beat them with his back feet.
No, not motorized.... paw-power only.
To help spark their interest you can take the scratch pad out of the center and sprinkle in a little catnip, put the scratchpad back in let them have at it.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:47 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,236,440 times
Thanks, couldn't tell from the video. Joe loves his, the one he has, he dives for it once in a while and I've had to rescue it from the dog a few times as well. She is determined to get that dang ball. The one I have doesn't have a scratch pad but Joe loves it anyway =)

Old 11-16-2013, 06:20 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,416,292 times
One of my dogs likes the covered version. It's normally in the "cat room" that the dogs can't go in, but I did bring it in the kitchen once. She spun the ball around with her tongue and got very excited. My other dog looked kind of embarrassed for her.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
When I first brought one home, my boys went crazy over it, chasing the ball around in circle and asserting dominance over each other to see who got to play with it now.

Now they seem more interested in ripping the scratch pad to pieces and spreading it all over the house.

Cat interior decorating, I guess.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:07 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
another fun toy for little kittens

Kittens And Fun Toy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats