U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 05:31 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,529,748 times

Advertisements

Just musing on this thought, "How does a cat add to your life?". Jasper has moved to our new place now, living with my daughter for a few weeks, and the house is so incredibly empty now. Just a nine pound fur ball left, and the house is like a tomb. He always has commentary on everything, and is constantly checking on me or SO, supervising us, or making sure we have pet him enough that day.

I really don't know how people manage without a pet. They add so much life to a house, it is amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 06:10 AM

43,012 posts, read 89,178,767 times
Bobbles is a never-ending source of entertainment. She's constantly hilarious. We are very entertained by her antics. She's quite the helper too. She is very involved in everything we do. I couldn't imagine taking a bath or sitting on the toilet without her help.

We don't get much love from her, like we do our dog. Except in the middle of the night while we're sleeping. So she's probably shortening our lifespan in that regard. She is supposed to move out of state with our son soon. If she does, I'll miss having her around.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:06 AM

3,445 posts, read 4,843,993 times
Lowers my blood pressure.

Except this morning, in the dark, I stepped on cold vomit. My blood pressure went up.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:53 AM

7,201 posts, read 11,362,502 times
We can't imagine life without our four kitties. We remember how empty the house seemed after the last old dog went to the Rainbow Bridge. We find them entertaining, funny, lovable, ... and sometimes exasperating and frustrating. We wouldn't change a thing about them though.

Each has his or her own endearing little personality and we consider them in everything we do. I don't know how we thought we could ever live without pets.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:16 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,613,791 times
Orion saved my life and sanity, no melodrama there. I had a concussion from a car accident and was without human support, long story won't bore you, so I adopted him. That's the Reader's Digest version. He gave my life purpose and structure. That was 11 years ago, he's grown from an 11 ounce puff of fur to a beautiful friend and is also a friend to my beloved dog who I was amazed he accepted when I got as a puppy.

Orion is placid and kind but aloof with most except the dog and me he showers us both with affection and play. He rarely is upset and when he is he doesn't become violent, he will leave rather than fight and has only once lashed out in fear, never in anger at another human or animal. That was after a blood draw from his jugular.

He reminds me that nothing in life is so huge that it will not pass, and that life itself is a short miracle.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM

36,437 posts, read 41,755,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

Except this morning, in the dark, I stepped on cold vomit. My blood pressure went up.
Oh Boy- can I relate. Or go to grab the blanket at the foot of the bed to stick your hand in cold vomit. Gross

Old 11-15-2013, 01:12 PM

36,437 posts, read 41,755,845 times
I'm kind of an Earth Mother type- lots of children, gardening and saving abandoned plants, lots of pets. i can't adopt any more children (human) but I figure I can always have pets. My cats especially are very affectionate and whenever I sit down there is one in my lap. I couldn't live without pets.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:31 PM

31,262 posts, read 57,446,708 times
My cats give me a reason to look forward to coming home after work. They give me a living remembrance of my husband and how together we fed and worried over and cared for those two little stray kittens, eventually adopted them into our home, and spoiled them to death. They're great companions and housemates, and they're soft and warm and affectionate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

I dunno what's worse -- stepping on cold vomit, or stepping on warm vomit.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:08 PM

7,201 posts, read 11,362,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I dunno what's worse -- stepping on cold vomit, or stepping on warm vomit.
I find them equally disgusting!

Old 11-15-2013, 02:19 PM

580 posts, read 1,143,539 times
Last night was sitting by the fireplace [cold snap up north] winding down from work, a girl on each side of me purring because they love the heat thinking it doesn't get any better than this and knowing many people would think I had a pathetic life, they don't know what they're missing, waking up to sandpaper licking my face, as another poster put it, "velcro" girls, always there, always wanting to know what you're doing, are amusingly aloof until they hear the food come out, love them more than people, gives me a reason to look forward to going home after work because I know they'll be waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats