Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 03:27 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I'm not a pet owner. So this behavior is something pet owners find amusing and encourage?

Otherwise, I would think you could just push the cat outside the door and shut it.
I do. Tell her to go find something else to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 06:03 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Doesn't work. They just stick their sweet little paws under the door and distract you very much. It's just easier to tolerate the company. Heck...some of us even like it.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:06 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,608,438 times
I've found that feeding my cat as soon as I get up tends to distract her from both hanging out with me in the bathroom and getting under my feet while I'm trying to start coffee and oatmeal for my breakfast.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:15 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
I often have a couple of cats and a dog or two in there with me LOL

One cat is begging to be put on the sink so she can drink

Old 05-17-2014, 08:40 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I often have a couple of cats and a dog or two in there with me LOL

One cat is begging to be put on the sink so she can drink
Yep, I'm on that list too. Angel always has to drink from the lav faucet when I'm using the toilet. Fortunately she jumps up there by herself, and I can reach the faucet without getting up. Thing is, she hardly ever gets up there for a drink if I'm not in there. Haven't a clue why that is.
Actually, I don't have a clue about most of the things they do.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:37 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Yep, I'm on that list too. Angel always has to drink from the lav faucet when I'm using the toilet. Fortunately she jumps up there by herself, and I can reach the faucet without getting up. Thing is, she hardly ever gets up there for a drink if I'm not in there. Haven't a clue why that is.
Actually, I don't have a clue about most of the things they do.
My sink drinker is 19. She can't jump up there anymore. But I am happy to help her. She gets whatever she wants.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:38 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Nimbus seems to be OK with closed doors as long as they are practically always closed and he doesn't expect to have access. We've got a number of rooms in the house we just keep closed as a matter of normal habit. My bathroom is one of them.

Although, when I'm in there sometimes he'll stick his paws under the door and fish about like he's gonna grab me by a toe and pull me out from under the door...

As for the drinking from the faucet thing, I've never, ever seen my cat drink water. I've run the faucet for him, he's not interested. He doesn't drink from a fountain, or a bowl, or at least I've never seen him do it. No way of knowing if he does when I'm not there, yeah the water level goes down a little bit, but it's really dry in CO so it could just be evaporation. He just stares at running water with his head all sideways like he can't figure it out.

He does like to supervise me brushing my teeth though...

Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Cats don't bother me at the sink but they jump up in the laundry room to demand the faucet be turned on for them only when hubby is in there doing laundry. so cute.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:57 PM

1,134 posts, read 2,237,846 times
Orion has given up on the sink now that they have a fountain, but Scooter runs to the bathroom if he thinks I'm headed that way. For some reason it's where he wants me to pay attention to him, at the sink or otherwise. He's cute, he pats me if I stop too soon. Once in a while he'll lick me as well, fortunately it's only once or twice then he flops on the mat and rolls around as it to say, 'Did that get your attention? Are you going to pet me now?'

Old 05-27-2014, 12:15 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
It is the shower with ShadowCat. She is short and stocky; mini-Sherman when she is determined to go from a to b.
Breakfast and then off to the entertainment center aka out humans trying to get ready for the day. It is so much fun to interrupt their futile attempts to straighten their little bit of fur with these paw held instruments. They were made to be used on cats while lavishing attention upon said cats. You can trip them as their attention span is very short early in the day. A sharp cabinet corner gets their attention. Then fall down, give a display your appendix yawn and demand immediate massage therapy by means of their brush.
BTW - dark clothes are a perfect backdrop for cat fur.
You an also scoot between their feet and make it into the shower first thus demanding water loudly and clearly. Be sure to take your time playing with it as there are no deadlines for your humans. They are at your disposal.
Before you roll in the sink - check for tooth paste. Their grooming habits are just awful and it takes the female to clean up after the male in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats