U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 05:01 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,412,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Charlie will start! It was a little too cold out there for him today but we were out for a couple of minutes. This pic gives you an idea about how puffy his tail is!

Ohhh.....he's stylin'!!!! He looks like a full grown kitty now - and his tail is absolutely gorgeous. We don't even OWN a kitty leash, or harness. Our kids aren't allowed outside, at no time for any reason!!! Just because ours don't though, I'm happy that other kitties are able to get out and enjoy the sunshine. As for Kitty Katty being afraid of the basement stairs - I wonder if he had a bad experience at sometime in his life and he remembers it, or if he ever saw that move about "The People Under the Stairs"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 05:35 PM

5,876 posts, read 11,756,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Catsmom, the video played fine for me. Your circling girl is a character! My Patty circles things, much more slowly. I think she does it "accidentally on purpose" at times because when I come and unravel her, she goes straight to the end of the tie out, purposefully. "We're going for a walk now Mom!"
Thanks, that's one of her things outside. She chases her string around and around, she has a nice track. Periodically I have to trim about a half inch off the end of her rope, because it stretches and gets too long, and she starts catching it. Of course when she catches it, it stops her shot, so she prefers to just chase it.

My oldest girl used to do something similar but she drifted away from it after a year or two, though she has always, and still does even nine years later, use her rope to play games. She likes to drag it in front of the other cats to entice them to pounce on it. A few times I've had the two of them chasing each other's ropes around the yard, it's hilarious. The other girl prefers to just do her own thing in the yard, no playing with the other two.

I don't walk them, we just all stay in our little fenced in yard on warm sunny week end days, and they drag their ropes behind them.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:09 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,463,066 times
Here is Jasper in his stylish clothes. He wears a regular black harness in the house, just in case he gets out. He likes his harness so much, he was cleaning it the other day!
Attached Thumbnails
Let's see your kitties in a harness!-image.jpg  

Old 11-24-2013, 08:11 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,463,066 times
Oh, I could not upload two pictures for some reason, here is his other stylish harness.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's see your kitties in a harness!-image.jpg  

Old 11-24-2013, 09:42 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,718,507 times
Oh I love this thread!!!

We got our kitties harnesses but they didn't really like them. Just told my hubby a few days ago that we would be more diligent with the new guys so they could get used to it.

Anyway here is one of our original guys (Bumbies) trying his out for the first time.....in the house :-) His brother, Batman, didn't really like him wearing it!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...is-harness.jpg

Old 11-24-2013, 09:56 PM

31,178 posts, read 57,317,340 times
Everyone has such handsome kittens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
If I tried to put a leash on any of my kitties, it wouldn't be pretty, lol!
I'd get slashed, not so much putting the harness on them as trying to take them outside. They do not like the outside, unless there's a double-pane window between them and it.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,532,606 times
Kitty Katty doesn't like the outside either. That is the first time we had taken Charlie. I think he may like it, but it was just too cold and windy yesterday...

Old 11-25-2013, 08:42 AM

369 posts, read 560,746 times
Your kitties seem very happy in their backyard. I was laughing at her chasing around the tree. I can picture Neptune doing that. I've caught him chasing his own tail a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Video: It's in photobucket, click on the picture to play. My little girl chases herself around that tree every time I bring them outside. Hope it plays, I have a lot of trouble with photobucket. Don't know if it's my computer or photobucket.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:43 AM

5,876 posts, read 11,756,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyJaneway View Post
Your kitties seem very happy in their backyard. I was laughing at her chasing around the tree. I can picture Neptune doing that. I've caught him chasing his own tail a few times.
Thanks for looking. She is also a dedicated Tail Chaser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats