Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 02:35 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
One way to get justice for this poor animal is to let the local media know this happened and they can do a news report on it. All he** will break loose when everyone in the community knows this has happened and who did it. The police will probably then HAVE to do something... like protect his a$$.
^^^ This. I would contact every local/state media outlet immediately. (I wonder why it's not already all over the media, though ...)

I seriously hope that this didn't really happen, although I know things like this do. If it's true, the guy who did it should be thrown in jail and the police officer should be disciplined. It is outrageous that we don't take animal cruelty seriously in this country.

But I really hope it didn't happen -- it makes me want to cry and scream in fury and grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Exactly! Maybe I'll hear more about this. Many police in small towns and semi-rural areas are ignorant red necks who don't care for animals at all. They only see them as nuisances or as food. I know, I live in an area like that now. It's only starting to change here the past few years.....
A lot of "red necks" in small towns an rural areas care for animals!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,993,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
A lot of "red necks" in small towns an rural areas care for animals!
Yes, some may do so. But in my personal experience, they do not. And that includes getting cats and dogs spayed.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
.....As I recall that's already happened. A few years ago somewhere in Texas (I think) two men tied another guy to their pickup truck and dragged him to death.
I think I recall this case. It was a hate crime. They chose an African American man and killed him by dragging - for nothing! He was a stranger to them. One can only imagine what those psychopaths did to animals before they turned to killing a human.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
I think I recall this case. It was a hate crime. They chose an African American man and killed him by dragging - for nothing! He was a stranger to them. One can only imagine what those psychopaths did to animals before they turned to killing a human.
Yes, that's the one. I recall the victim was African American.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:16 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Looks like it was a hoax afterall - the page has been deleted.

This is why it's really a -bad- idea to blindly accept something you read about on social media, without taking even a moment to fact-check. Three pages here on CD with people up in arms and enraged, and how many people who actually posted on that Facebook page - and you have to wonder then, how many people might have actually gone extra steps and called the Hardin police department, wasting time to demand justice...

over absolutely nothing at all.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Looks like it was a hoax afterall - the page has been deleted.

This is why it's really a -bad- idea to blindly accept something you read about on social media, without taking even a moment to fact-check. Three pages here on CD with people up in arms and enraged, and how many people who actually posted on that Facebook page - and you have to wonder then, how many people might have actually gone extra steps and called the Hardin police department, wasting time to demand justice...

over absolutely nothing at all.
Good. I'm glad it was a hoax. For the record, I don't blindly accept anything I see posted on the net, and I don't go to facebook, twitter, or any of the other social media sites. But sometimes there are 'real' atrocities posted by sick individuals, and I don't have the time or inclination to research & investigate everything that may be linked on this forum or elsewhere. On the face of it, the OP sounded authentic & I had no reason to doubt it, and responded to this thread as any cat lover would do.
But you are right that such stories should be verified before taking any action that some did suggest here. Thank you for taking the time to check it out & posting what you found out here.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Good. I'm glad it was a hoax. For the record, I don't blindly accept anything I see posted on the net, and I don't go to facebook, twitter, or any of the other social media sites. But sometimes there are 'real' atrocities posted by sick individuals, and I don't have the time or inclination to research & investigate everything that may be linked on this forum or elsewhere. On the face of it, the OP sounded authentic & I had no reason to doubt it, and responded to this thread as any cat lover would do.
But you are right that such stories should be verified before taking any action that some did suggest here. Thank you for taking the time to check it out & posting what you found out here.
Same here although I do often check stories on Snopes. The reason I was ready to believe this one was because we had something somewhat similar happen here in Portland last summer that sadly was true. I won't tell it but it was verified being on the news and there were eyewitnesses. The monsters were never caught.

I am glad this story was a hoax.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
I could find NOTHING to show it was a Hoax. If indeed it was, (is there proof?) this is the first time I've been "hoaxed." The OP wrote that she was contacted by the police and threatened. She was told to remove her post and the picture. She felt they wanted to hide what happened and the reasons she felt they had. Was she lying? How can we ever know for sure? There were many many replies but the page is now gone.

However I found it on Fox2Now on FB. They have not removed it as of 1:11 AM 12/6/2013 Scroll all the way down.

https://www.facebook.com/FOX2Now?dir..._id=0&filter=2

Last edited by =^..^=; 12-06-2013 at 12:12 AM..

Old 12-06-2013, 07:59 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,657,658 times
Quote:
However I found it on Fox2Now on FB. They have not removed it as of 1:11 AM 12/6/2013 Scroll all the way down.
Anyone can post on that "wall" part of their Facebook site though. That is not content from the TV station. And after scrolling through all the recent snow pictures, I found the one in question, and it was posted there by just another Facebook user. Perhaps that was done with good intentions by someone who assumed it was real, but it doesn't suggest in any way that it's not a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats