U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 11:44 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,480,415 times

Advertisements

As you know, Jasper was a hard core escape artist. And demanding, cat. He screamed to go outside.

Well, since we moved, he is very mellow now. He complains in the morning, like he is missing something, but he is not sure what it is. Of course, the snow and sub zero weather may be a contributing factor.

He is doing great. We never say the "O" word any more. Outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 12:33 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,609,678 times
Good to hear, it's so difficult for them to make the transition but necessary for health and well being most often. I wish Scooter was happier as an indoor only kitty. Today our dog attacked him, she was upset because he got too close to her toy =( I've removed the toy and will only allow her to play with it supervised. If she continues to be aggressive I'll separate them. It's a time of change here, we had our lab euthanized last month and have a puppy so everyone's upset. It's times like this I wish I could communicate better with them. I'm glad Jasper is more at peace and hope it continues when Spring arrives.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:30 PM

6,728 posts, read 11,760,786 times
OP, good for you and Jasper!! I got one of my kitties as an adult (not sure how old he was but probably at least 4-5) -- all I could find out was that he was a stray who seemed to be used to being outside (all my kitties are Humane Society kitties, so unless I got them as kittens, there's not a whole lot of info). He has been an indoor kitty since I got him, which has to be at least 4 or 5 years ago now. He adjusted just fine -- no spraying, no territorial crap, knows how to use the litter box, etc. He's a very good-natured, sweet kitty. He sometimes seems to be curious about the outside world, but even when he and the others are out on my screened porch, he never tries to climb the walls or do anything else to "escape."

Outdoor kitties really CAN become indoor kitties ... and likely live MUCH longer lives as a result.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:35 AM

11,735 posts, read 16,473,515 times
Good to hear! Have you considered cat grass to satisfy his outdoor need? Egg cartons make great throw out containers with a minimal amount of good soil and oats from a feed store come up in days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or