Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 03:28 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,276,064 times

Advertisements

Gracie would hide in the corner of the swinging cabinet. I never let her know, though, that I had discovered her secret place so she thought she had me fooled.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 04:41 PM

1,193 posts, read 2,389,705 times
One cat hid in the bottom drawers, nearest to the floor, then graduated to somehow squeezing BEHIND the drawer...you'd pull it out looking for her, convince yourself she wasn't there, and move on -- but she was there behind the drawer giggling at me the whole time, I'm convinced.

Once my cat disappeared for a day. The whole day. We were staying at a friends house and she'd been there lots of times so I don't know why she decided to vanish; it wasn't a scary new place. I tore the place apart. It was all i did for more than 12 hours. I was convinced she had gotten out and was sobbing, preparing "lost cat" posters at midnight, when she sauntered into the room.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:54 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
I don't know where Bobbles goes, but I don't need to know because she comes running to us whenever we call her---just like a dog.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:06 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
We had a cat hide in the boxsprings of a hotel mattress once. It was bizarre. My husband had to take the mattress off and nudge her out.
It is amazing where they can find a spot to hide. I once lost a four month old kitten for over a day. I found her in the bottom of a chair. The bottom of the chair had a piece of cloth covering the springs, with about two inches between the cloth and the springs. There was a small tear on one side, maybe three inches wide. Sure enough, I look under the chair and saw a bulge hanging down. The kitten had gotten inside and apparently enjoyed it in there. Another time she managed to get up on to the duct work in the basement. I never did figure out how she got up there.

Old 12-27-2013, 06:37 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't know where Bobbles goes, but I don't need to know because she comes running to us whenever we call her---just like a dog.
My cats come when I call them, too, but not right away. I call, and then three or five minutes later they will show up, just to let me know that if they are going to come to me, it will be on their own good time. Little control freaks.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:54 AM

1,134 posts, read 2,237,296 times
Until we got the puppy everyone came when I called one of them, didn't matter who, they all came. They must figure, hey, if mom's calling someone it's got to be for something good, I'm going! Since we have the puppy they'd rather not risk getting mugged by the him, can't say I blame them.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:19 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times
The stove....man.

I don't know how all stoves are designed because I never had to look that closely at them until this past year.

I had a cat hide on me and I could not find her for anything. I searched everywhere. I even started searching outside because I looked all over the house, even behind the dang stove! She was nowhere to be found. I was panicking.

The ONLY reason that I figured out where she was hiding was because another cat gave her location up. Remember, I said I had looked behind the stove? Well, she wasn't behind it. She had slipped in the back and was sitting inside the bottom drawer of the stove where you can store pots and pans. Impossible to see her by looking behind the stove. I had to pull out the drawer, that she would not be able to open on her own from the front, and there she was.

Keep that in mind for the next time she pulls her disappearing act.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:00 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,083 times
My little Ming! I got her to come in from the back yard as a little tiny black kitten left behind from her mom as the runt. She hid for about two weeks until finally one day she sat right next to me and meowed for my attention. Fast forward four years later and now she sits next to me on the couch and with her little paw nudges my face untill I give her a full half hour of affection.

That little black kitty saved me from the depths of depression after a miscarriage and she is my little black fur baby! They hide but as long as you see food eaten and the litter box used they are there.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:03 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I had a cat hide on me and I could not find her for anything. I searched everywhere. I even started searching outside because I looked all over the house, even behind the dang stove! She was nowhere to be found. I was panicking.
When I read the part in bold, I envisioned the cat hiding ON you, like when my glasses are on top of my head and I walk around looking for them.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:56 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,770,552 times
If my cat wants to hide (and rarely does), she finds a corner in a hall closet, it really took me a long time to figure her usual hiding place out. I can entice her out by opening a can of cat food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats