U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:58 AM

6,735 posts, read 11,779,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
It was lovely of you to put fresh bedding on for them.
lol, yep! At least they seemed to appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Too cute! What's stopping you from making the bed on top of them?

Bobbles is involved from the beginning and gets made into the bed under the fitted sheet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I usually make my bed completely with a fitted electric mattress pad, fitted sheet, flat sheet, blanket and comforter OVER 2 13 pounds each cats and one 75 pound dog.
The lumps leave eventually and the sheets can be straightened without unmaking the entire bed.
lol, it never occurred to me to try this ... but next time I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I have a similar problem. If I mess up and stay up past my bedtime, these guys go ahead and start without me... taking all the prime spots in the process. Yeah, I always feel a little guilty making them move, but they're usually right back up there with a short time. I'm always amazed just how crowded a queen-size bed can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Funny how we feel guilty if we move them.

Don
I know ... how silly is this? I finally got over my guilt feelings when I realized that even if I move them and they MEOW in protest, about 10 seconds later they are back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'm always amazed when I hear people say they don't allow their cat(s) on the bed. I mean what's the point of having a cat if you can't snuggle up with them? And how do you keep a cat out of the bed anyway? On the occasions I've been away from home for more than a night or two I get so homesick for the warm snuggly cat in bed with me. It's so comforting to know you are being protected and watched over by a loving cat.
I sleep with only one of mine (Gretel) -- if I were to leave the master bedroom door open, the kitties would be in and out all night and that is not conducive to sleep. Sometimes Hansel comes in to join his twin sister when I am getting ready for bed, but he never wants to stay all night.

I do find it comforting to have a little creature in bed with me. When my SO is up (he doesn't live in NH) Gretel always seems to want to snuggle with him. He's a cat lover too and I think she knows that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Hmmm.....doesn't a "set" consist of two? Unless my old tired eyes are failing me, there is already a perfectly good matched "bedding set" already in place on the bed!!!! I think in catspeak they are tellin' ya...you're FINISHED!! We've already made this bed, and it's ours!! It's their job to help, and they're hard at work here - I think there's even a union or something. You should check - I bet you owe them food or something for all that hard work. Probably overtime on the weekends...
PS...I love the headboard!!! Have a wonderful visit with your guest!!
Thanks Candace! Happy holidays to you and yours (all of 'em!)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
It is part of their self assigned duties - share spare fur with those who have very limited amounts of it and keep their snuggle places war as they do not know how to properly bake biscuits.

I am going to be off CD for a few days ... hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 10:44 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,508,259 times
Karen, you need to buy them a bed, or at least make this bed with fresh sheets on a daily basis for the cats.

Really, you are so lucky to have this matched set of "Bed Ends" on each side, of the bed, they obviously serve a purpose, to make sure humans do not fall out of the bed. And keep the covers down. Good cats!

Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,611,978 times
Jeez. I do not understand what is wrong with people. They just don't seem to understand beds are made for cats, as are pillows and blankets. Orion's favorite game is sheet diving. He also gets very annoyed and refuses to sleep on his bed, which he allows me to share, if the linen is not changed on schedule. Tsk, he must keep his human in line and it is a difficult task for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or