U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 10:16 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,610,156 times

Advertisements

So glad to hear Charlie is home Hope he continues to be well and that it was an isolated incident and he continues to be well. Take good care and hope you get to rest easy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 10:20 AM

6,730 posts, read 11,764,645 times
Robyn, so so so glad that little Charlie is home, safe and sound. I was thinking about him last night and sending good thoughts your way.

I know we would all love more photos of your little guy and his big brother if you are up for it ...

Old 01-05-2014, 11:03 AM

7,330 posts, read 12,568,423 times
That's the good news I was waiting for!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:05 AM

4,630 posts, read 7,213,065 times
A wonderful update! I forecast a lot of snuggle time today!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:09 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,395,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Charlie just got home! I called yesterday evening and then again at around 430 in the morning. I called around 10 am. He is doing well, no more seizure activity. They called around 1030 or 11 to say he was ready to come home and I was more than ready to go and get him!
I am SO relieved for you, and so happy to hear that Charlie is home...where he belongs!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:13 AM

31,223 posts, read 57,365,082 times
So relieved to hear Charlie is home! Cookie and Checkers were quite worried ... Give him a pet for me.

Sure hope that this is a one-time occurrence, and that the antibiotics will do the trick. We'll continue to cross our paws and send healing vibes your way.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 AM

2,189 posts, read 3,416,146 times
That's just the best news ever and exactly what I was hoping to hear. I know how relieved you must be and Charlie will be basking in the glow for some time to come. Glad the whole family is back together and Kitty Katty has his little brubber back - now you can all get some rest and lovins and have a wonderful afternoon together. Thank you for letting us worry with you - it's what we do best!!!
PS..I woke up with a migraine about 6:30 this morning and got up to get my medicine. Peanut heard me moving around and that meant I HAD to go out in the kitchen and make breakfast for the hoard, so while I was up I staggered into the computer room to see if there was any news about Charlie. He was on my mind last night too!!! It's like he's become a member of all of our families I think. Typically, no news is good news, but human nature makes us want to know. I'm glad this is resolved with a happy ending.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:31 AM

5,877 posts, read 11,771,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post

He will have to continue to take antibiotics every 12 hours until it is gone. They were giving it to him in his IV in case that was what caused the seizures. All of his levels are back to normal now. So happy to have my little boy back at home with me!!!

Thank you all!!!! <3 <3 <3
Happy homecoming! When the danger is past, home is always best.

But I don't understand. I re-read your other update post and saw nothing about an infection. They were giving him antibiotics in his IV in case WHAT was causing the seizures? Is there some sort of infection? What caused it? Was there a high fever? I am very confused about all this..

Is his vision okay? Is he on any anti seizure medicine?

Sorry to pepper you with questions, no rush on answering, but I like to understand things.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:53 AM

7,630 posts, read 5,123,287 times
That's great news. So glad to hear Charlie's better and home with you, and I really hope this was an isolated incident. Give the boys some extra pets for me, and tell Charlie not to scare us like that again.
BTW- this artic weather has really got me down & I needed something to brighten my day, so thanks for the update.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:21 PM

18,434 posts, read 28,549,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Happy homecoming! When the danger is past, home is always best.

But I don't understand. I re-read your other update post and saw nothing about an infection. They were giving him antibiotics in his IV in case WHAT was causing the seizures? Is there some sort of infection? What caused it? Was there a high fever? I am very confused about all this..

Is his vision okay? Is he on any anti seizure medicine?

Sorry to pepper you with questions, no rush on answering, but I like to understand things.
They did not note any infection, I think it was more preventative. He had no fever noted. They have no idea even still what caused the seizures.

His vision seems fine now. The dr said it was normal after a seizure for them to lose vision. Poor fella.

I cannot really answer why he is on antibiotics but they put it in his iv last night as well. He had to have some potassium also.

Thanks everyone once again! It is great to have this group, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats