Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:19 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,480 times

Advertisements

Alright,
I need my cat-lovers to unite! Tell me, why do guys not like cats? Why?
I know you male cat lovers are out there...show yourselves!

Be strong!

Tis more manly to be a cat liker than to be a cat hater. I say it's weak if you join them and dislike cats! Take that!! Must I always encounter men with this trait??

(Sighing dramatically)Tell me please, is there still hope? Say it isn't so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
I happen to be the proud property of an Egyptian Mau cat who allows me to live here, feed him, and pet him regularly. I am grateful that my master is so kind.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I happen to be the proud property of an Egyptian Mau cat who allows me to live here, feed him, and pet him regularly. I am grateful that my master is so kind.
Thank you kind one. Thank you for going against the grain...

[This all came about because my male coworkers here are all against cat owning. Very strongly indeed. They were saying how un-useful they are and defying little brats. It is just outrageous! (flailing arms around dramatically again)]

Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,481 times
I had a cat when I was a infant......had another in my adolescent years who died when I was 20 or so and I cried til I couldn't cry no more......Now I have a cat and I'm 25.
Never liked dogs......cat lover for sure. I'm a sucker for kitties.

If I wanted something like I dog, I'd have a kid....and I don't want kids...so....

Old 11-27-2007, 02:32 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times
We have 7 dogs - but my husband WISHES we had a cat...and we did for years, Miss Rosie Kitty - but since she passed the Rottweilers just have never had a hankerin' for a new feline friend. My husband is a cat person through and through...so is one of my best friends' husband. He wouldn't have a dog on a bet! I'm good with all animals, I just HATE the cat box!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Ya, there is still hope in this dark world! Thank goodness!

To be honest, cats are so easy to take care of. I 'm suprised that guys don't like them more. Do they think they aren't macho enough?

You can say cats are dumb cause my male tabby just figured out how to push my bathroom door open last night. I have seen cats turn lights on and off, open doors, and everything.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
We have 7 dogs - but my husband WISHES we had a cat...and we did for years, Miss Rosie Kitty - but since she passed the Rottweilers just have never had a hankerin' for a new feline friend. My husband is a cat person through and through...so is one of my best friends' husband. He wouldn't have a dog on a bet! I'm good with all animals, I just HATE the cat box!
That's great to know. I love to hear guys who like cats. I say it makes them more manly.

And luckily for you, they make automatic cat litter cleaners!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times
I have 7 automatic cat box cleaners...ick...

Old 11-27-2007, 02:48 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
I LOVE cats.....[also love dawgs] Cats are easy....if you go away for the weekend.....fill the litter box up fresh.....dump in 5 lbs of cat food....leave the toilet lid up and go. If you did the same with dawgs, the dawgs would eat all the catsh#$...eat the food at one sitting....barf all over the house....and play in the toilet ........

Old 11-27-2007, 02:48 PM

768 posts, read 2,100,669 times
My h preferred cats when we met. They are low maintenance (ha! maybe when they're outdoors) and easy because they go away when they're outside.

However, I must admit that my h's love for cats has grown on me, despite my allergies and my revulsion of having boxes for urine & feces sitting inside my house. I like cats but I detest the litter boxes. Guess I'll have to remember that the next time I find a pitiful cat in a mall parking lot, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats