U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 12:42 AM

2,279 posts, read 3,751,611 times

Advertisements

Where is yours? Inside a modern looking end-table "litterbox hider", next to the living room sofa. Not an ideal location, but I live in a fairly small urban loft and didn't have many options.
What type is it? Covered? Just a plain, standard, litter box. But it's inside a piece of furniture, so it is covered, in essence.
How many do you have? Just the one. (And just one cat.)
What type of litter do you use? Kitten Attract. (She's no longer a kitten, but when I tried to switch her over to Cat Attract, she wasn't happy. And since they're the same price... *shrug*)
How often do you scoop?Twice a day, since the box is, after all, in my living room.

Any funny stories? Hmm... a lot of visitors don't realize that the end table hides the poo-poo palace. Are they ever surprised when my girl does her business, and then shoots out of the opening like superman and zips around the house like an insane fluffy little devil!

I've had good luck keeping a replaceable stick-up charcoal odor absorber inside the litter-box hider, too. And I lined the inside of it with contact paper, to make it a bit easier to keep clean. I can't say enough good things about the litter hider - it's significantly more attractive than most of the similar items on the market. Blends in with the rest of my furniture pretty well -- especially since I keep a stack of art books and a really cool lamp on top of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 03:09 PM

377 posts, read 171,403 times
The litter box is in the laundry room and we installed a doggie door so the regular door can remain closed.
It is a very large covered kat kave litter box.
1 litter box - 4 cats. (Everyone uses it, every time. No issues whatsoever.)
Precious Cat litter - it's the lowest dust producing clumping litter I've encountered.
I scoop twice a day - morning/night.

No funny stories - just the typical. One cat flies out of the laundry room like his hind end is on fire after #2 visits...hilarious. I have another the will sit and watch me while I scoop before he decides it's time to use the potty...I can't really blame him, I think I would, too.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:27 AM

17 posts, read 13,615 times
My 2 cats use one large litter pan. They were raised together as kittens, so no problem there.
I use Arm & Hammer scoopable. I scoop about every other day--it's a BIG litter pan that's in the laundry room under a table.
BEST INVENTION EVER: the LITTER GENIE. It really does contain the scooped poo and pee smell. My cats fill it up in about a week; then I tie off the bag and put it in the garbage can where it still doesn't stink up the g'can.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:52 AM

6,456 posts, read 9,562,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post

We don't use regular litterpans. We use those large clear plastic totes from WalMart. None are covered.
I've been thinking of using the totes, also. What size do you use? Or the dimensions?

Old 09-05-2014, 01:52 PM

580 posts, read 1,146,242 times
3 boxes, all covered, 2 on the main floor, 1 on the lower floor with a door that they only use for hiding and taking naps. The other two are used for elimination, we use clumping litter, it's pricey but worth it, it lasts a long time, scoops out clean, we have no odor whatsoever, and the only downside is they track litter all over the house, so we keep our battery powered Hoover Lynx handy and vacuum frequently, is good at controlling the hair at the same time. Our domestic started pooping in front of one of the boxes and we thought uh oh, but after putting a new throw rug down under it instead of trying to clean it, it stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or