U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 02:10 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,431,417 times

Advertisements

Good golly....seeing this in a list kind of makes me feel like a goddess!!! We have 22 furkids in our house and I experience ALL of these things from most of them every single day....taken individually you don't really think about it. But if you consider all of this information X 22 - I need to start ordering materials for my throne immediately!!! Hopes, when you mention that she only bites you - I had a flashback to me in about the first grade with a huge crush on a little boy - chasing him around the playground so I could punch him or smack him or something. I adored him - but of course he wasn't supposed to know that. Point is - I guess love hurts, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 07:57 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,255,238 times
[quote=Hopes;32954754]I'm perplexed. Bobbles bites me, only me. At night, she sleeps on me or immediately next to me to the point I can't move. As I type this, she is on my lap, literally on my arms, while I type. All evidence indicates she likes me. So why am I the only person in the household being bitten?[/quote

Cats are predators by nature and light sleepers. If she sleeps with you it means she trusts you.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:40 PM

36,437 posts, read 41,840,502 times
Langley bites only me. He cuddles with everybody in the family and lets us all pick him up but he bites only me. He is very shy and runs and hides whenever non family folks are in the house.

Recently our grown daughter came for Christmas. While she hasn't actually lived with us for about 12 years, she has known Langley since he first came to our house almost 12 years ago but she rarely saw him. all of a sudden during the Christmas visit he would not leave her alone. He talked to her non stop, tried to get close to her (she is allergic) and acted like she was his long lost best buddy.

Cats are funny!

Old 01-12-2014, 10:02 AM

6,126 posts, read 5,180,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Langley bites only me. He cuddles with everybody in the family and lets us all pick him up but he bites only me. He is very shy and runs and hides whenever non family folks are in the house.

Recently our grown daughter came for Christmas. While she hasn't actually lived with us for about 12 years, she has known Langley since he first came to our house almost 12 years ago but she rarely saw him. all of a sudden during the Christmas visit he would not leave her alone. He talked to her non stop, tried to get close to her (she is allergic) and acted like she was his long lost best buddy.

Cats are funny!
DH claims the kitties are here "for me", and he just tolerates them on my behalf, but he is a cat sap deep down. He lets Molly lay across his chest when he crashes on the sofa, and The B*ll Sack (the only male) follows him everywhere and rolls on his back for DH to scratch his tummy. Muffy...that one he DOESN'T like. She's my favorite, though, the spoiled little princess.

I've noticed that "Bertha", our 9-year-old grey tabby (she wasn't "Bertha" when we got her, she evolved from cute little "Pepper" to big solemn old "Aunt Bertha") doesn't often show any of those affections on the list. I think because of the other three cats, she stays very aloof. She was an "only cat" for 6 years until we brought in those three newcomers, and she resents it. When I sit outside on a lawn chair or chase lounge, work in the garden, or hang up laundry, she follows me and is all over me, rubbing, biting, purring...she just doesn't stop. I think it's because to her the porch and yard are "nuetral" territory and I'm all hers again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats