Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 02:00 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,413,544 times

Advertisements

I saw this carrier once that was kind of long and spanned the backseat of a car and you could buckle it in to a couple of seat belts. I can't find it anywhere. It was just rectangular and mesh like material. Anyone know of anything like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:40 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,939,443 times
Amazon has a carrier that attaches to seatbelts. Looks like it could hold about 3 cats.

I googled back seat pet carrier.

Old 01-10-2014, 04:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,548,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I saw this carrier once that was kind of long and spanned the backseat of a car and you could buckle it in to a couple of seat belts. I can't find it anywhere. It was just rectangular and mesh like material. Anyone know of anything like this?

I bought and used these when we moved our 24 cats from Ohio to Illinois a few years ago - got them at Walmart. They did a great job, were cheap, fold up for easy storage, they work with your seat belts, come in various sizes, and may do the job for you. Here is a link to the item: SportPet Pop-Open Kennel, Small - Walmart.com

Old 01-10-2014, 07:18 PM

11,198 posts, read 19,372,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I bought and used these when we moved our 24 cats from Ohio to Illinois a few years ago - got them at Walmart. They did a great job, were cheap, fold up for easy storage, they work with your seat belts, come in various sizes, and may do the job for you. Here is a link to the item: SportPet Pop-Open Kennel, Small - Walmart.com
That's what I was thinking of too. I have those in my home, for emergencies. I fold them flat and they are tucked next to the wall right by my exit. IN an emergency it can be popped open in a second or two and three cats stuffed in. I have the medium dog size I think.

(In it are pictures of my cats with their names and any special needs, and my emergency contact number and my vet's number on the back of the pictures, and 3 weeks worth of any medication any cat may be on.)

I also have used it several times for traveling, when I have had to take a cat to Cornell University Companion Animal Hospital. I am able to fit the hard sided carrier into it, stuffed to the back, with the door of that carrier off. Then I can fit a small litter box in front of it. The cat has the hard sided carrier for safety and security but can move around a little and use the porta potty if he/she wants. The soft kennel carrier can be zipped shut even with all that in it. All is strapped in by sear belts.

I also have one cat sized one, it's shaped like a tent. That one would be grabbed to put the third cat in once we reached relative safety in an emergency but for now is brought out for fun periodically for my youngest cat. It is her Tent. Being a Burrower she spends as much time under it as she does in it.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:34 PM

41,744 posts, read 74,732,146 times
^Great pix!

Old 01-10-2014, 11:20 PM

11,198 posts, read 19,372,396 times
Thanks. Here's one with her actually in it.

And a short clip (about 45 seconds) of one of her Games with it It's in photobucket, click on picture to play

I used to wonder why I find the thing all over the apartment, sometimes even downstairs. Then I saw this:

OP: sorry about the thread drift, I got a little side-tracked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats